• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Yesterday was a bad day..and an expensive lesson

So, you ever do something and think nothing of it, and then it goes bad and then you sit back and reflect and realize that you know better, or should've known better :shrug:. Loading my tractor on the trailer yesterday and was pointed ona bit of a downhill grade...there was the mistake...and had the E brake on and in gear, but soon as I got the weight of the tractor up on the back of the trailer I think you all know what happened :doh: I went on a little unwanted drive with the truck, trailer and tractor for about 50 ft and then the trailer pushed the truck into a jackknife until I came up against a telephone pole i have in my yard. Blew my tire off the rim,. ruined my new back bumper and my new box I put on is smashed now:cry:. I was so sick I could've puked but more annoyed with myself for being so stupid to evenn load like I did, thinking nothing of it. Gonna cost me $1400 by the time I get the box fixed and a new bumper and ticks me off i'll have fill in that perect box I bought. Now that the dust has settled, I realize I could have been way way worse, I could have gotten killed cause I was sitting on the tractor, trying to process what was taking place and trying to realize if I should jump or not. Maybe if i would've thought to quick back off the trailer, but then again if I didn't line up with the ramps %100 then it could've been really bad. Lots of could done this's today in my head...just glad i'm still here :lol:

post-10164-138698178366_thumb.jpg

post-10164-138698178373_thumb.jpg

post-10164-13869817838_thumb.jpg

post-10164-138698178385_thumb.jpg

• Owner

Glad your safe... The truck can be fixed... But I'm sure you'll block the tires next time... :smart: I had a simular thing happen in my yard with the TT. I thought the yard was level enough not to block the wheel of the trailer. So I unhitched and had it sitting on the jack block as usual bu the ground being soft it rolled just enough to drop the hitch on the ground and stop (about 2 feet). So now any time I working with a trailer I block both wheels.

Wow, that would have been a scarry ride. Atleast you made it out ok. Maybe put the truck in 4wd next time too.

Yes, never thought of that until my buddy came to help me haul it off the pole and he said he does that when he loads his excavator.

Hind sight is always 20/20! After something has gone wrong, I can always tell you what I should have done differently. I am so glad you are ok. I know it is at your expense, but sharing probably saved others from doing soomething similar.

I hope so :pray:

man glad your ok :) I almost lost my dads expensive ATV into a 12ft pond as I though the brake would hold the small hill. Lucky a firepit was in the way ........ hear a large bang - and see an ATV knocked through a bench into the pit around 20 ft from the edge. Lucky for me only a small dent in frame so I lived. And lucky the neices/nephews weren't around at the time of the fire was going.

Hind sight is always 20/20! After something has gone wrong, I can always tell you what I should have done differently. I am so glad you are ok. I know it is at your expense, but sharing probably saved others from doing soomething similar.

Exactly what I was thinking. Glad your ok.

Something my grandfather told me that sticks in my head to this day. Which is good since I'm an old coot.Ya see, I was a wild smart *ss as a kid and always tried new things and sometimes screwed it ...or me ... up. He told me: 'Actions Before Thought Equals Pain'. Then, I didn't think of it much, but as years went on, and I started thinking of it before starting something, it made sense. That old farmer made me stop, think of what I plan on doing, think each step I needed to do, make sure I tried to figure out all pitfalls that could happen, then consider starting. Seems simple, but when I didn't do it, something happened. When I did do it, it didn't cost me personal pain or money to correct my screw ups.So, I'm just passing on an old farmers saying .... hopes it helps someone someday.(glad no one was injured !)

• Like 1