• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Airdog 100

• Staff

Be sure to check what filters come on the AD, the ones that are on the older units will provide lower overall filtration than stock. The newer ones are better, but I still don't think the f/w sep is as good as stock and can be improved.

OK what is F/W Sep??? The unit should be the new one it has the quick disconnect fittings on the hoses. Jacob does not have any more of the older ones and he said it has the 10/2 micron filters with it. Should have gotten it today but no UPS driver today :nono:. Funny thing is I got the filter delete part form Calf and it got here Monday, but a part the is 160 miles south of me still is not here! :(

• Staff

Ratings, pure and simple.OEM is rated at 98% free water sep and 95% emulsified water sep, at 60 GPH, which is greater than the OEM pump pumps. AD upgraded f/w sep is rated at 95% free water and 75% emulsified water sep at 90 GPH, lower than the pump pumps. The best f/w sep is the BF1275, 98% free water, 96.5% emulsified water sep at 120 GPH, which is still lower than a 150 or 165, but they only move that much fuel at a HEAVY demand, normally much lower.

Well I installed the Airdog-100 today in the 96* temp @ noon today :cookoo: . I should have pulled the truck inside the garage instead of working on it in the middle of the driveway :banghead: . The install went well however longer then I figured it should have went. Started it around 10:30 AM and finished it a little after 4 PM.Sorry about no pics but I just wanted to get the job done, maybe after I get the tools put away tomorrow I'll snap some picks of the finished job.Have to say the decision to delete the OE filter assembly was a great idea. Makes for a much cleaner set up and removing the inner wheel well made working on it a lot easier :). Not happy with Airdogs instructions on how to do the install and will be calling them to see if they would like some ideas to make their product a lot easier to install :smart: .The unit itself works great and have to say the truck idles 110% better then it has in a long time. Also has a lot more power then it has in a long time :drool: . Funny how you can drive a vehicle for a long time and not notice the performance slowly slipping away . I did install the 17 PSI spring that comes with the pump instead of using the 15 PSI spring. The kit also came with 1/2 inch premade lines with the quick disconnect fittings.Will be asking them why in the world would they use two different kinds of fittings on their system. The pump has some goofy fitting that requires a special tool to remove them :cookoo::mad: . Their wiring harness is kind of poorly thought out also. But since this kit fits many year trucks maybe that is why I had to cut ten feet off the battery power line. I will post a pic of where I tapped the battery power from. Workout very nice and was very easy to do.I will look into the BF1275 WS as with the OE filter assembly removed I no longer have the "WATER IN FUEL" warning light! Will ask them what is up with that also. Don

I was thinking about the filters and was wondering, the WS-100 filter is a 10 micron and the FF-100-2 is a 2 micron filter. So would the FF-100-2 100% of any water that gets past the WS-100?

Their is a company XX-Fuel that claims "Specifications: "8" 8 micron filtration at 99% / 10 micron at 100% efficiency. 95% first pass water stripping capability." on their WS-2008. And their XX-2 micron filter claims "Specifications: "2" 2 micron filtration at 100% efficiency." so is that just 100% sold contaminants or would that include water also?

Don

• Staff

Airdog specs are "optimistic"... If you have the upgraded f/w sep your specs are as follows. F/W sep: 95% free water sep, 75% emulsified water sep, 20um multipass at 90GPH. Final: 5um absolute, 2um at 94% at 60GPH.Run a Baldwin BF1275 and Donaldson P551315 for the best specs.

The truck

Posted Image

The Airdog-100

Posted Image

This is where I picked up the battery power

Posted Image

Here is where I mounted the relay

Posted Image

Factory fuel filter delete pipe. Later I'll remove it drill and tap for a 1/8" PT to add a fuel gauge.

Posted Image

Pics of fuel lines

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Anyplace the lines touched or was close to something I put pieces of inter tube to protect the lines.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 1

• Owner

Nice... :thumb1: The only thing I don't like about AirDog/Raptor now is that funky crimp hose and quick connector junk. Sure gives you no option for locating the pump some where different like the old school setup had the old push loc's and roll of hose so you could place it anywhere you whished. Other than that looks good...

:cool:I ordered the Air Dog 100 kit and hope to get it today, I read your post about the instructions and hope I dont have a hard time with them, if I do Ill be on here asking LOL! I did not get the filter delete kit and am wondering if I should of now? I didnt know anything about that until I read your post. Your install looks good and I hope mine goes well. Ill be out in the heat as well here in eastern oregon, my shop is full and ill be on the slab on the side but my beer cooler will not be far away!!

i installed an ADII in my 02. my intructions wer pretty good. once you get into to it it is pretty self explanatory. i did not have any trouble with mine except self inflicted ones. that caused me to have to remove the fuel tank twice:doh:. my fault though. i dont know if you have to get into the fuel basket or not, but if you do make sure you put all of the clamps on properly.

dripley that was what I was wondering also, the tool for removing their jiffy tite fittings is $70/100+ ! :mad: :cookoo:As far as the instructions go, I thought they could changed the order of a few things myself. Like if you want to remove your lines you need to do it BEFORE you mount the pump!

Not sure if the 2nd gen trucks have the battery tap like the 3rd gen trucks do. If so this makes a much easier and better place to get your power from.

JT just read and understand the directions before you start. I didn't have any problems they just seemed a little out of order like I said above. Myself I do like the cleaner look the filter delete gives, BUT you will lose the factory "Water In Fuel" light. however in 125,000 miles I have never had it come on either so do you truly need it? I'll roll the dice and just drain the WS filter every 3 months. The number one thing I can say that saved me a lot of laying on my back was removing the inner wheel well liner :smart: ! Made removing the filter assembly and running the wires and lines a walk in the park.

Take your time and if you can get a helper you can cut your time in half and save the crawling back and froth under the truck! :banghead:

I also did not I repeat DID NOT bleed the lines like they said to do. I just turned the key and bumped the starter to kick the pump off the first time and then waited until I heard fuel running in the filler tube. Oh that was the thing that pissed me off they say to cut out 1/2 " of filler tube! Don't do it, just cut it as straight as possible and in stall the return tube. Make sure you have it pointed with a arrow to the tank!!!! and no I didn't mess that up :lmao:.

All and all it is a very nice system and should give me many many years of trouble free service. Oh yes JL I copied the serial number down and wrote it on the owners manual the day the pump was delivered, I anal that way :lmao:.

Don

I got it in, took about 6 hours but that was with a few beer breaks and several interuptions from the boss to help her with her yard sale LOL! It went better than I expected, the instructions kinda suck and there is a few things I dont like about the Air Dog. 1st If I am going to sell a product with fittings that take a special tool to unhook then BYGOD I would put a special tool in the kit!! 2. I hope the cheap looking plastic fittings hold up to the kinda roads I am on. 3. dont like the way the mounting system, I did not have time to fab a braket to change how it fits under truck but I got it up as high as I could and when I get a minute Im going to fab a removable skid plate to go under my filter. I hope all the plastic does not give me hell, I am in some rough country. I took the time as you did to neatly tie everything back and up and cover all fuel lines wherever they touched. Looks great as yours does. I noticed on some of the installs guys did on the net they just left stuff hanging and just "there" Thats ok if your in town but where I am it wouldnt last 5 minutes. I think half my time was covering line and tieing everything up. I used all the zip ties they sent and 20 more at least! My suggestion to anyone putting this in is to buy 7/8 dishwasher hose its cheap and easy to work with. cover your lines well. Take the time to make it right the 1st time, you never know when you might run over that alligator in the road and yard the whole thing down if you dont.