• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Airdog 100

those "xx filter systems" are ridiculously priced for some powder coating and filters. The cat or donaldson filters do a little better than teh airdog, but the airdog is a nice clean package.I agree that the pushlock fittings are preferred, but for ease of installation the QC connectors shave off some time. I can get the pushlock fittings if one would prefer to re-locate the pump elsewhere. I also have a couple of the perpendicular brackets for quad cab short bed installs, but would require different lengths of lines and the pushlock fittings. I was saving them to re-produce for 2nd gen guys but since airdog when with the QC I think the market would be very small and not feasible.

• Owner

those "xx filter systems" are ridiculously priced for some powder coating and filters. The cat or donaldson filters do a little better than teh airdog, but the airdog is a nice clean package.

I agree that the pushlock fittings are preferred, but for ease of installation the QC connectors shave off some time. I can get the pushlock fittings if one would prefer to re-locate the pump elsewhere. I also have a couple of the perpendicular brackets for quad cab short bed installs, but would require different lengths of lines and the pushlock fittings. I was saving them to re-produce for 2nd gen guys but since airdog when with the QC I think the market would be very small and not feasible.

Those brakets are worth gold. :hyper:

You might try and find someone like Prowelder or JL Welding willing to reproduce those brackets... I see people enjoy my idea of tucking up against the transfer case for 4WD applications...

• 4 weeks later...

OK I know it's been awhile but we have been working 7 days a week on a new torque converter launch. Well Tinner got around to making up my shield this week. He used 12 gauge SS so rust won't be a factor and one of the reasons it took so long, he made it out scrap left over for a guard. Here are some pics of it.

The tab that goes under the frame bracket is 6"X3"

Posted Image

Here is the main filter guard it was 8"X8" with a 45* bend 2" from the bottom. Note: the cut out for the lines was done with a cut of wheel and a 90* die grinder

Posted Image

Here is the guard installed the notch I cut out after I marked it up with a cut off wheel and die grinder (off the truck of course). I think it should do the trick don't you.

Posted Image

OK if you do this mod and you zip tie the return line to it, add a small piece of 5/8 heater hose split down the middle. If you don't the guard will amplify the pump motor to the point that it will drive you nuts! :cookoo::mad:

Posted Image

You can see some more pics here http://rides.webshots.com/album/558448972PkXvyB?start=48

Don

• 1 year later...

i did not understand why they put the easy to use quick disconnect on one end and the other connections on the other. you still need the tool to take the line loose. good looking install though.

My airdog 100 is on the way. I have an 02 dodge ram 3500 6 spd with 4.10 diff, 264K. What is that "special tool" you used? I want to make sure I have all the right tools before starting the installation.

• 7 months later...