• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

All hitched up and running away...

Search for dirt bike/4 wheeler areas. There are a few around here that are pull up and park in the middle of the woods type deals, free (though you might have to listen to dirt bikes and 4 wheelers all day lol). We did that last time and it was much more fun than the $30 campsites, though I drove down a washout of mud and still dont know how I got turned around and got back up the muddy hill. Musta been the exhaust pushing me :lol:

• Staff

I've been to a few of those sites for group outings.. yeah they like reservations.. but EVERY one of the camp hosts were pricks.. I'm not totally looking thru blinders, most of them were pricks as we got out of the trucks and hadn't even had a chance to get in trouble yet.

Love the wild. Can't afford a fifth wheel or even a pop-up with this economy but I don't mind sleeping out in the wild with a little OFF. I can't believe how people are scared to venture out without cell phones with 4g internet. When I was growing up we went off on foot with nothing but a propane lantern, fishing poles, and a bow and arrow. I see these survival shows and laugh. Seriously watch them and the guy takes the hardest paths to prove a point. This is a great place to take your kids. Take their cell phones, and internet tablets away and show them what life is really like. Give them a pole, a bow, a gun and show them how to survive. This is what they were meant to do. Not sit in front of the TV all day. It is time man got back to the basics and knew how to survive. Health insurance wont always be around and even if it is it wont always fix all your problems (trust me I know) but life goes on. Get out there and enjoy life.

• Like 1

Our re-enacting group has had good success in camping with a special use permit on Army Corps lands... typically Federal Flood Control areas. The down side is when you get 3 days of rain, you're on your own to bug out. One place we were flooded out of... within sight & just upstream of the dam... holds back drainage for 144 square miles. Even after the rain stops, the water level rises for several days.