• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Injector rebuilding

Thinking about attempting to rebuild my injectors. Possibly trying to increase the power output a little in the process. Can't seem to find any good info on how to go about doing this. Biggest problem I think will be parts for them if needed. Any ideas?

• Owner

Well the last time I look into replacement injector parts it seemed it was more expensive to get separate parts than it was to buy a set of injectors... :shrug: But the biggest problem is re-pop testing the injectors... You would need the shims for adjusting the injectors and a pop testing bench. 24v Series... http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/cummins/2ndgen24v/injector-cleaning/injector-cleaning.htm 12v Series... http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/cummins/2ndgen12v/injector-cleaning/injector-cleaning.htm

Well the last time I look into replacement injector parts it seemed it was more expensive to get separate parts than it was to buy a set of injectors... :shrug: But the biggest problem is re-pop testing the injectors... You would need the shims for adjusting the injectors and a pop testing bench. 24v Series... http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/cummins/2ndgen24v/injector-cleaning/injector-cleaning.htm 12v Series... http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/cummins/2ndgen12v/injector-cleaning/injector-cleaning.htm

The shims are what I need to find along with specs for RV injectors. Have access to pop-testing bench at work.

• Owner

most rebuilders keep extra shims from injectors that were bad (cross threaded, cracked body etc) not really an affordable place to get them. If you need some nozzles let me know how big you want. I have new nozzles coming in to get flow tested shortly.

Not to highjack the OP's post I'm curious of prices on the RV275 nozzles? :shrug:

• 2 weeks later...

Not to highjack the OP's post I'm curious of prices on the RV275 nozzles? :shrug:

No need to worry about hijacking, I was going to ask the same thing. :lmao: I also wanted to go as big as a stock turbo can keep up with since it will be a while before I could upgrade the turbo. Towing and sled pulling with the truck so I don't want my EGT to skyrocket on me.

No need to worry about hijacking, I was going to ask the same thing. :lmao: I also wanted to go as big as a stock turbo can keep up with since it will be a while before I could upgrade the turbo. Towing and sled pulling with the truck so I don't want my EGT to skyrocket on me.

I like the RV275 - and especially at that price hard to beat - but personally just go with a +60 to +90hp and then control the EGT with your foot until you get the turbo. Else get the 275 ..... and then sell em used later - you'll still pick up $200 so your only $84 down ........ not a huge expense to 'play' :2cents::)
  • Like 1

I like the RV275 - and especially at that price hard to beat - but personally just go with a +60 to +90hp and then control the EGT with your foot until you get the turbo. Else get the 275 ..... and then sell em used later - you'll still pick up $200 so your only $84 down ........ not a huge expense to 'play' :2cents::)

I guess my first step is to get the gauges put in. :banghead: Right now I couldn't control the EGT with anything since I have no clue what they are.:doh: I like the 90 hp injectors that my buddy has in his, but it is also an HO truck and it gets to 1500 pretty fast when towing. Not sure which route I want to go yet since my primary goal is better fuel mileage, even though at times like sled pulling or towing the power is more important. Do not recommend sled pulling with 35's on a Dana 70, first time I pulled it got me a nicely destroyed set of spider gears, lol.

I guess my first step is to get the gauges put in. :banghead: Right now I couldn't control the EGT with anything since I have no clue what they are.:doh: I like the 90 hp injectors that my buddy has in his, but it is also an HO truck and it gets to 1500 pretty fast when towing. Not sure which route I want to go yet since my primary goal is better fuel mileage, even though at times like sled pulling or towing the power is more important. Do not recommend sled pulling with 35's on a Dana 70, first time I pulled it got me a nicely destroyed set of spider gears, lol.

yeah - hard to control with foot when towing or sledding :) I think anything over around +60hp and your probably going to start losing MPG - but don't know that for a fact ......but those RV275s are good for a little pickup and some mpg :)