• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hooking up my guages.....HELP

Guys, I am having some issues about hooking up some of my guages for my 2001 Cummins Quad Cab 4x4.:doh: I bought 4 guages (Isspro for my fuel pressure and Auto Meter for the rest) from Cummin Performance Diesel through Jamie. Spent plenty of time of the phone with him an he was extremely helpful. I purchased a trans and exhaust temp guage, boost and fuel pressure guages. I have some questions on the exhaust hookup for the probe. Instructions say to drill into the manifold and tap with a 1/8 npt, not a problem, 1. Wondering if the temp probe would be better in the 4" exhaust right after the turbo vs. the manifold? 2. How do you keep any tap you put in the manifold or exhaust from leaking? Will tap last at those temps? 3. My ceramic washer that came with the unit was broke when I got it, can I purchase another locally at a hardware or automotive store? Lighting up my guages: 1. I want all my guages (all 4) to light up when I turn on my lights at night. How in the hell do I hook all 4 guages to my light switch? 2. Does my dash come apart so I can get to the light switch or is there an easier way? 3. Can i run all 4 guages (all 4 positive leads) onto my light switch without problems? My fuel pressure guage 1. I purchased a fuel pressure isolator R7797 to keep the fuel out of my truck and a fuel pressure snubber that Jamie recommended, where does the snubber go? 2. My drawing for my fuel pressure isolator shows stainless steel braided hose from the isolator to the guage, the package came with flex plastic tube. Is the plastic tube what I run from the isolator to the guage? 3. I did purchase 6' of braided line that I was planning on running from the fuel pressure isolator to the fuel T that I didnt receive as of yet. Am I correct on my assumptions :pray: or am I way off base.:duh: Thanks guys!!!!!!

On problem #2, you can use a add-a-fuse mini. On the inside fuse box, there is a 5 amp fuse that is powered by the light switch. post-10496-138698178921_thumb.jpg When tapping the exhaust manifold, you can us a shop vac to keep most of the shavings out of the manifold. It is better to put the EGT probe in the manifold, due to the 200-300* difference.post-10496-138698178925_thumb.jpg On the fuel pressure snubber, I am not sure. Others will chime in.

you gonna have fun with the fuel pressure I couldnt get mine to work for nothing.. I used a mechanical one which sounds like what your useing.. After the isolator I had nylon line that you were to fill with non freezable liquid.. I did that only it kept getting an air bubble in there and throw my gauge way off.. Maby I was doing it all wrong but I just got rid of it and got an electronic one. Best of luck

• Owner

Just yank out the isolator... I'm directly plumbed to the gauge with Polyon Air Brake Line its about 57 cents a foot from a NAPA store. It rated for well over 150 PSI and will not break you can flex a piece of the line for hours and never break it. Use a needle valve for you damping valve and shut off so if there was a issue just close the valve.

i have 3 gauges run off the #5 fuse with the quick tap thingy stodg is talking about. the egt probe should be installed in the manifold like stodg shows in the photo. just drill tap it put some anti sieze compound on the threads and tighten it up. mine has been on 5 years and no leak. i dont know what the ceramic washer is. i dont remember one on mine. be careful to get out he shavings from drilling and tapping. i have an electronic fuel pressure gauge ion mine right now, but it is broken and in am hopefully replacing today with an Isspro mechanical . i am gonna hook it up just like Mike has explained,