• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Health Insurance, need input

ISX

I'm switching jobs and the place I'm going is brand new ran by a lot of guys I know with really good reputations, but they are in the process of getting health insurance. I am kinda wondering how much it actually is to get my own for the time being, being accident prone and all. I would like to hear some options, prices, etc.. I could probably just call an insurance place but I know everyone here has been through them all and could save me a lot of headache. I know it would be relatively cheap since the place I am with said I was really cheap since I'm only 21, but I have no clue on prices so no clue on what relative prices even are. It would be nice to have some good ER options mainly, and other surgery crap since eh, yeah. I think I am done with the high risk maneuvers I pull but who knows what could happen out there. So any input you guys have is GREATLY appreciated.

You at 21 your rate will be cheap. Cheaper if you dont smoke. Sometimes going to the er can save you cash because the max rate is set, at least mine is. What you need to find is your yearly deductible. Some people that need surgery get them the first of the year because then your yearly deductible is met. So if you need more work done it cost less. Mine was just changed from 1k to 5k :stuned:. You dont want that. I am looking to get insurance on my own. Prescriptions is another deductible. If you dont need them per month it wont matter much. The older you get the more it will cost your boss and you. Not much real info for you here sorry.

• Like 1

Depending on where you live, there can be some good options. I had a policy when I was in Ut. from National Federal Life. It paid ME when There was an ER visit. My son made me rich with injuries from HS football! LOL From my experience you can find good cheap insurance if you browse the internet. Try a independant salesmen. He can give you alot more insurance than a big company! :2cents: All of the big companies are pretty much set with prices.

• Like 1

I see you live in MO, there is an isurance company based out of there that had the best rates I've ever seen! It is called Mercy Health Plans, their number is866-450-3249 They are based out of Springfield, MO. Had insurance with them till they quit writing in AR Give them a call , I think they will do you good! I had an awesome plan with them an it was 86 bucks a month, and the deductible was only a grand! I was 30 when I started the premium was 71 bucks so I would say with you being in MO it should be pretty much around that neighborhood!

• Like 1

I thought it would be a lot more than that. Guess I don't know what the people were talking about when I heard $800 a month :stuned:I won't have to drive 70 miles a day which is around $250 a month. I can get health insurance and still have money saved from not driving that much :hyper:Will do Mrtow4u :thumb1:

I wish I only had a 250 limit! :lmao::lmao:Btwn truck, backhoe, dumptruck, health, and life insurance, I pay out about 1500 a month :mad::mad::mad: I had a deer hit me in the side of my truck last month, went by the body shop and he said it did $6400 worth of damage, so I filed a claim, the adjuster called and said she totalled my truck! So my insurance is prolly fixing to go up again!:cry::cry::cry: