• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

• Owner

thats a pretty nice set up there Mike. maybe if i put my battery in the iving room i might remember to check more often.

Ummm... The batteries are in the basement (garage).

i noticed that your batteries are Trojans, are encased in rubber by any chance?:lmao::lmao:

:duh: OMG... :lmao::lmao2: Little more on them... http://www.trojanbatteryre.com/PDF/datasheets/L16REB_Trojan_Data_Sheets.pdf http://www.trojanbatteryre.com/Products/Deep_Cycle_Premium_Line.html Charging... http://www.trojanbattery.com/BatteryMaintenance/Charging.aspx Inteli-Power 9100 manual (What's in my Jayco) http://www.progressivedyn.com/CONVERTER_MANUAL.pdf

i can see by your post you have no problem with posting links. i did get me a new battery today and all is working good now. i will start plugging my fuses in soon and make sure everything is ok. i am not sure but the fan on my converter might not be working. i will have to see how it looks in the morning. i know my old battery was very hot this morning. the new one is working fine. not even warm yet. the converter was pretty warm also. neither to hot to touch, but warmer than they should have been. i apprciate all the help from you and russ. I hear Rough Rider make a pretty good battery too. you can get at most service stations.

I don't have a control panel like that, very nice. My 3 RV batteries are in a triangular box out on the trailer tongue... behind the propane. A real PITA to get to.Trojan (boats) did not have sea-***** (valves on the thru hull fittings). We always had fun with that one... usually as we were installing valves after the hose failed & perferably before the boat sunk.

• Like 1

• Owner

i can see by your post you have no problem with posting links. i did get me a new battery today and all is working good now. i will start plugging my fuses in soon and make sure everything is ok. i am not sure but the fan on my converter might not be working. i will have to see how it looks in the morning. i know my old battery was very hot this morning. the new one is working fine. not even warm yet. the converter was pretty warm also. neither to hot to touch, but warmer than they should have been. i apprciate all the help from you and russ. I hear Rough Rider make a pretty good battery too. you can get at most service stations.

As for the other battery its starting to fail... Batteries on RV's are just like the Cummins replace the entire set not just one. Batteries should never get warm while charging that's a sign of a internal short inside the battery. :rolleyes: Just for fun (Joke) What happen to the energizer bunny if you stick his batteries in backwards??? (Answer later tonight)

that was agood one:lmao2::lmao::lmao2:. maybe he needs a trojan. i was thinking he would do nothing since the batteries were in backwards. i pretty much live in my rv since i am on the road so much.the past year and a half has been tuff. computer problems then front end problems then tranny problems then brake problems. spent a lot of money on the truck while the trailer just sat there, pretty much ignored. the one battery has served me well because we dont dry camp. it has always been i rv parks. second battery will have to wait. i am hoping nothing but some routine maintenance for a while on the truck. the trailer seems to be working good right now, though the fan on the coverter seems to be non functional. will see if i can replace it. for now i have a small fan blowing on it. thanks for all the help.

• Owner

Flip the fan around so you can see the hub label and see what kind of fan it is. (12V or what). If its a 12V fan measure the size of the fan (in mm) and then head out to a computer shop and pick up a new fan. Maybe $8 bucks. Then just install it... As for future... When the fan starts to howl you can pull the fan hub label and under it is a rubber plug (typically) just remove the plug and add a few drops of motor oil of the bearing replce the plug and install again... You should be able to get 5-7 years out of a fan that way. (Darn computer tech side of me... 21 Year Experienced Electronics/Computer Tech) :lmao::lmao2:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

a little update here. when i first hooked every thing up , after buying the new battery, all seemed well. then i noticed the lights were alot brighter than they should be, but not always. i checked the voltage and was seeing 19volts in some of the light sockets. they ton d back down and i didnt worry about it. the next day i came home and thought i was smelling sewer in the trailer. turned out it was the batery cooking. went outside and the battery was hot and the coverter was hot. i checked the coverter and it was going crazy. out put was out of line i just dont remember the voltage. long story short i replaced the converter and all is well now. all the voltage is back to normal. the battery is happy though it might have cooked it and probably shortened its life span we will just see how that works out. i got a few bulbs to replace too they did not like the 19 volts.