• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Can Today be a do over?

Started my day out spraying the first vineyard, completed that. Did the second vineyard and about 3/4 way done and look down at my feet and I have hydraulic fluid all over my feet. Stop the tractor, tear it down and go and get a 50 cent o-ring. Put the tractor back together and a bolt snaps for my 3 point hitch hydraulics.:cry: Tear the tractor down again and use an easy out to get the bolt out and it snaps inside the drill hole. :cry::cry: I am done for the day! Problem is when I wake up in the morning I still have a BIG problem to fix!

• Owner

Like going out and mow the lawn to find yourself getting smoked out by the drive belt. SNAP! Ok park the lawn mower driver 320 miles for 1 $25 belt. Install it to mow the other half of the yard SNAP! and find the forward drive belt in same condition... :banghead: So I understand your day really well. :rolleyes:

i too. stayed late after work to install my big line kit. had to small leaks i just coulnt quite stop and then found what i believe are 2 more small leaks. got home right befor dark, go inside the rv and the ac aint working.:cry: spent 2 hours working on that and it just finally just starte working right.:shrug: that was the only bright spot in a long day. but i am sure the problem is till there.

I would take a do over for yesterday... Wife passes out for a few minutes, falls and cuts face. Take wife to ER. Get stitches. Doctor says, she's fine, its probably the pregnancy that caused the light headedness. :stuned:Shock was had by all. Good day overall, but I would pass on the cuts to the face. :)

I would take a do over for yesterday... Wife passes out for a few minutes, falls and cuts face. Take wife to ER. Get stitches. Doctor says, she's fine, its probably the pregnancy that caused the light headedness. :stuned: Shock was had by all. Good day overall, but I would pass on the cuts to the face. :)

You/her didn't know that possibility????:duh: Hmmnn!!!:rolleyes:

I learned (from MTD dealer) that lawn equipment belts are non-standard. In fact a buddy got a nearly new MTD lawn tractor for a steal. The "mower shop" kept using auto store belts & they kept being thrown. The belts are SAE V angle... but the width of the pulleys are not, so the auto store SAE standard length belts ride at a different depth than the OEM... the Lawn Equipment manufactorers all do this. Ask me why I have a brand new OEM V belt hanging in the barn... right next to the auto store belt that I couldn't return. Gotta love it...

Like going out and mow the lawn to find yourself getting smoked out by the drive belt. SNAP! Ok park the lawn mower driver 320 miles for 1 $25 belt. Install it to mow the other half of the yard SNAP! and find the forward drive belt in same condition... :banghead: So I understand your day really well. :rolleyes:

I kinda see this in a different light. A good day is seemingly defined as a day when everything you know how to do, goes as planned. Lets say I go to walmart, I just get in the truck, turn the key, drive off, get walmart stuff, go home, thats a good day. Or is it? My mom does this on a daily basis. It's BORING! You get back with groceries and nothing more. So then one day you go to walmart, same as before. Truck won't start. After diagnosing the issue, do you not know more about the truck now? Do you feel more confident about working on it? Sure the day didn't go as planned, but you learned something, you are more confident, and if you fixed it properly you feel more confident in the truck because you know that part is good to go for a long time. Now to put this into perspective...Gassernomore is now faster at taking the tractor apart, more keen at how to fix broken bolts, knows why it broke as well, hopefully, knows how to go at it if it happens again.Mopar1973Man knows maybe it would be smarter to buy TWO belts since they are so far away. Knows how to take the deck off faster, knows possibly why the belt broke and how to prevent it.dripley is starting to narrow down where the leaks could be and will eventually find the common spots for leaks, becoming more aware of the entire system.CSM is becoming more aware of his wife lolDorkweed is testing his limits with people lolAnd I learned some things just by reading this. It was a damn good day! Especially since it was my last day as an electrician :hyper:

Nope. I have tried drilling the easy out out. Not a mark on it, used cutting oil and cobalt drill bits. Pulled the top of the tranny case off and taking it down to a machine shop and let them deal with it! Either I don't have the right bits or no patience! :lmao:

• Owner

I kinda see this in a different light. A good day is seemingly defined as a day when everything you know how to do, goes as planned. Lets say I go to walmart, I just get in the truck, turn the key, drive off, get walmart stuff, go home, thats a good day. Or is it? My mom does this on a daily basis. It's BORING! You get back with groceries and nothing more.

So then one day you go to walmart, same as before. Truck won't start. After diagnosing the issue, do you not know more about the truck now? Do you feel more confident about working on it? Sure the day didn't go as planned, but you learned something, you are more confident, and if you fixed it properly you feel more confident in the truck because you know that part is good to go for a long time.

Now to put this into perspective...

Gassernomore is now faster at taking the tractor apart, more keen at how to fix broken bolts, knows why it broke as well, hopefully, knows how to go at it if it happens again.

Mopar1973Man knows maybe it would be smarter to buy TWO belts since they are so far away. Knows how to take the deck off faster, knows possibly why the belt broke and how to prevent it.

dripley is starting to narrow down where the leaks could be and will eventually find the common spots for leaks, becoming more aware of the entire system.

CSM is becoming more aware of his wife lol

Dorkweed is testing his limits with people lol

And I learned some things just by reading this.

It was a damn good day! Especially since it was my last day as an electrician :hyper:

This might be true... :smart:

But had no idea about the condition of the forward belt being it hidden against the deck. But yes it would of been smart to ball all belt and replace them all. I'm just a bit goofy... :cookoo::lmao2::lmao:

Easy outs are hardened. So are taps but at least they have recesses you can get an improvised spanner into (sometimes). A good day is when I don't end up further behind than when I started! When I have a day going to CRAP!! I try not to do things which are critical, which might endanger life or limb, or for which replacement parts can not be obtained if I screw it up!SORRY about this. Some days yas can't win for losing.Today will be better.(Besides you are contributing to the economic recovery. The bucks you contribute to the machine shop will put people back to work!)

This might be true... :smart: But had no idea about the condition of the forward belt being it hidden against the deck. But yes it would of been smart to ball all belt and replace them all. I'm just a bit goofy... :cookoo::lmao2::lmao:

got ot agree with russ on the easy outs, they are hardened. the machine oight to have something. trying to get my leaks and fp gauge in and it is raining just like last week, but at least it isnt 102 outside.

got ot agree with russ on the easy outs, they are hardened. the machine oight to have something.

trying to get my leaks and fp gauge in and it is raining just like last week, but at least it isnt 102 outside.

Saw this post this morning and low and behold I was able to take this on my way back 20 min ago. If I don't see rain I'm coming after you :lol:

Posted Image

it was 102 in raliegh NC when i went thru yesterday. ac does not work so i had the windows down. even going 75 the sun was brutal. funny though i am working near the coast and the temp ther has been less than back towards home. it was a beautiful 96 in Elizabrth city NC. rains over here gotta mow the grass. sure hope my belts dont break cause i only have the one for the deck and not one for the drive.:lmao2::lmao:

It's been 100 here for weeks, not a drop of rain. Well there was a drop on the way home, temp dropped to 90, thought I would be home free at 70 or something, then it shot up to 102. Whats bad is I was driving into the storm so the hot front must have kicked the cold front out of the way real quick. The rain just turned to steam on the windshield, didn't even get to turn the wipers on. I am used to the heat though. Less time you spend in the A/C the better. My trucks doesn't work good enough to use either, need to charge it or something when I decide to care. I used it last week and I'm convinced it drops mileage more than the windows down does, I don't care what the aerodynamic scientists say, the mileage was down no doubt.