• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Here is what I did for the weekend...

• Owner

Yeah... Being about 20 miles up a dirt road going from 1,800 ft and climbing to 7,500 feet to cut firewood and then wonder back down loaded takes time. Being the friends I was with got all there trucks loaded and I done a double trip I'd say I did rather well. But that still isn't enough for me... I need to do this kind of weekend 2 more times... :stuned: My problem is my lower back is absolutely singing this morning and MoparMom is like "you better get rolling soon or you'll be unloading the truck in the heat of the day." :doh: Yeah its suppose to be like 96*F here... :rolleyes:

home and installed a new fuel pressure gauge and big line kit. spent 2 1/2 hours trying to figure out why the truck wouldnt start. thats when i remembered that you have to replug the vp for it to run:doh:. finished my sunday by loading up a load of trash to take to the dumpster. very exciting.

And the moral of the story is.................

Mike has wood!!!

Hope your back is gets better soon Mike. After those straight line wind storms we had here, after cutting wood for 2 days, my arms were toast. I've got a big assed, heavy old McCullock saw with a 28" bar. Great for felled stuff, not so great for limbing and climbing!!!!:smart:

ISX would be proud!

Not sure how I missed this thread. I woulda gone to that if I knew about it! Going back to where I wrecked this weekend, I'll have to give you all a rundown of the entire scenario :lmao:

• Owner

Mike has wood!!!

Hope your back is gets better soon Mike. After those straight line wind storms we had here, after cutting wood for 2 days, my arms were toast. I've got a big assed, heavy old McCullock saw with a 28" bar. Great for felled stuff, not so great for limbing and climbing!!!!:smart:

:doh: D'Oh!

I'm no better I've got a Sthl 046 with a 26" bar and it wipes out the arms and lower back in a short order.

I've had a nice day for driving all the way to Ontario, OR... (Quiet sitting time) :thumb1:

Mike, my old McCullock chainsaw is over 30 years old and just keeps on running and cutting. Dad bought it back in the late 70's/early 80's I believe. With a sharp chain, it's scary how it goes thru wood.Some of my friends have gotten mad at me for not loaning it out at times. There's good reason for that though................the times I have lent it out, it doesn't come back the same. You know, running the chain into the ground, dulling the teeth and then not sharpening it!!!!:mad: And then gripe that their little saw did better. And I ask them.......how many times did you run it into the ground?????? The answer usuallly is, "not that many"!!!!:duh: And not knowing how to mix the proper ratio of fuel and oil!!!!!!:duh: If a little oil is good, a lot must be better........right???:smart::cookoo:One other time I let my cousin try out the saw........I was there. It about pulled him (300lbs.) over the top of the log, because of the power and sharp chain. Most folks aren't used to saw like that!!! I am, and that's why I can do what I do with it, and others can't!!! Just saying!!!

• Owner

Like my saw... I'm the only one that operates it. So far its over 15 years od and never needed a spark plug yet, air filter is in great shape yet. (Pre-filter helps!) As for bar oil you'll be shocked I use my old engine oil for bar lube... As for fuel mix I always buy the sthl 2 cycle oil and mix per can...Less hassle on the mountain trying to figure out how much oil to fuel ratios... :duh: Other than that its a screaming beaver... :stuned:

Even before I moved away from the P's, I've been essentially the sole user of this saw for about 15-18 years now. The only thing I've replaced is the chain!!!!:thumb1: It probably needs an overhaul, but it runs to darn good to tear it down!!!! Maybe in the Spring I'll put a new plug in her and see if I can "find" a new air filter for a saw this old!!!!:lmao2::smart: What are the odds of that????:shrug:McCullock 610 w 28" bar. Mike, is that a common saw??? All I know, is that when I show up with it, people move aside!!!:lmao::lmao::smart:

Mike has wood!!!

Like my saw... I'm the only one that operates it. So far its over 15 years od and never needed a spark plug yet, air filter is in great shape yet. (Pre-filter helps!)

As for bar oil you'll be shocked I use my old engine oil for bar lube...

As for fuel mix I always buy the sthl 2 cycle oil and mix per can...Less hassle on the mountain trying to figure out how much oil to fuel ratios... :duh:

Other than that its a screaming beaver... :stuned:

mike has wood and a screamig beaver. must make you proud mikey.:hyper::hyper: