• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Need help setting up fuel psi gauge

Got my 30 psi gauge and am going to run it directly since moparmzn has had his like that for a long time. Anyways my airdog has the quick disconnect fitting and 1/2 lines so i wondering how to getting my reading for the gauge. I planned on a t fitting with pushlock fittings and the theaded part going to a valve to the gauge. Anyways i basically want a parts list so i know just what to buy.

On my airdog ii 165 there is an allen plug on top of the filter housing! That's where ad told me to plumb my gauge! Its 1/8 pipe plug! Mpm said to use the black plastic air line! The part store didn't have any so I used a 1/8 hydraulic hose! I'll take a picture in a bit an give you an idea on how I plumbed mine.

post-10340-138698179208_thumb.jpgi just instaled mine this weekend. i got the tapped push lock from Vulcan Performance along with the valve and big line kit. the tubing and connection to the valve came from auto zone.there was a like fitting to connect to my fp gauge. all in a little kit for $6. i tried to get the polyon from napa but my local store is a little less than helpful. i did not have time to wait so i used what i could get. from the looks of my tubing the polyon would be much better and i will swap mine out one day.

• Owner

The cheap nylon oil pressure line will get rather brittle in about a year or two so when you put your hand down to get to the power steering cap you'll most likely break the line right there. :banghead: Been there and done that way to many times... I still got a stock of extra ferrules...:duh:

The cheap nylon oil pressure line will get rather brittle in about a year or two so when you put your hand down to get to the power steering cap you'll most likely break the line right there. :banghead: Been there and done that way to many times... I still got a stock of extra ferrules...:duh:

local napa guy just looked at me funny when i asked for polyon. same thing with the valve, if it wasnt inthe store it must not exist. i willl find some and swap it one day soon. hopefully before it breaks. i also drilled a small hole in my 3 pod apillar to let me know if it starts leaking behind the gauge. i figured that would be better than depending on my nose to smell it as it runs down the apillar and behind the dash.

Mike, have you moved yours from where you show it in the picture? i did reinstall my stock fuel canister, with a big line kit and felt that having it after the last fuel filter would be the best place. with out doing that i probably would have installed it closer to the pump.

I installed my ISSPRO Electric gage 2 weeks ago using the "pulsation dampener" that Geno's Garage sells. I was not impressed. (My Naval Nuclear Power background and experience as a gage calibration technician) I went to the local industrial supply and bought a SS Ashcroft Gage Cnubber. WHAT A DIFFERENCE; smooth needle

Moparman do you have a part # for that line? I called 3 napas today, 1 said they could order 100 feet of it and the other said they didnt carry it. Called vulcan and they dont carry polyon and they didnt like the idea of the direct setup. Im going to have to order the valve from them since napa wants 8+7 for shipping.

• Owner

Moparman do you have a part # for that line?

Sorry no... But the local NAPA store here in McCall, ID sell it by the foot. (57 Cents a foot)

I called 3 napas today, 1 said they could order 100 feet of it and the other said they didnt carry it.

Strange... Its standard 1/8 inch air brake line.

Called vulcan and they dont carry polyon and they didnt like the idea of the direct setup.

Nobody does... All your big racing fans don't like fuel in the cab because of safety factors. But the thing is first off we are not racing the truck. Then the second thing diesel fuel is not gasoline. Diesel fuel needs to be heated to at least 150* and then you can throw a match at it (POOF!) but at normal air temp you can throw match at diesel all day long and won't light. You got more chances of having a engine fire from a leaking injection tube than a leak gauge in the cab. :rolleyes: Isolators have had issues all along. Most people that buy them get frustrated and yank them out because of poor pressure reading compaired to a direct plumbed gauge.

Sorry no... But the local NAPA store here in McCall, ID sell it by the foot. (57 Cents a foot) Strange... Its standard 1/8 inch air brake line. Nobody does... All your big racing fans don't like fuel in the cab because of safety factors. But the thing is first off we are not racing the truck. Then the second thing diesel fuel is not gasoline. Diesel fuel needs to be heated to at least 150* and then you can throw a match at it (POOF!) but at normal air temp you can throw match at diesel all day long and won't light. You got more chances of having a engine fire from a leaking injection tube than a leak gauge in the cab. :rolleyes: Isolators have had issues all along. Most people that buy them get frustrated and yank them out because of poor pressure reading compaired to a direct plumbed gauge.

Lucky for me my boost gauge came with 10ft of polyon which i hope is enough to reach my AD. I got nylon for boost for now. I went the direct setup because on cummins forum every time some had issues with an isolators and you ALWAYS bring up the direct setup, so i choose it. You think if i needed i could pay you to buy polyon and ill pay shipping if it isnt a huge hassle?

• Owner

i have had the same problem with polyon here at home. the local napa guy just has a blank stare when i talke to him about it. i need to try the other branch here and see if they have the same blank stare.:stuned:

Tell them you want to barrow the computer a sec and then take them here to this thread and show them the pic of the Air Brake line... I've done that more than once to my NAPA guys... :lol: