• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Programmers for 24V 2gen

Edge vs Adrenaline vs whateverWhat seems to be the consensus from users? Is one better than the other? Is it all opinionated? I ask because I was told I need an Adrenaline w/Pulse, because "it's the one to get."I found a used Edge Juice w/Attitude for $350 so I'm interested in seeing if there are issues with this brand of unit. It's currently on an 02 model, but I think a MAP adapter is all i need for it to work on mine?

I know your asking about the Adrenaline or Juice, but I wanted to chim in regarding Quadzilla. I had the XZT from them and the high idle wouldn't work. After many emails to them they said send it back and they sent me a new one, again this one the high idle never worked. I thought it maybe was the TPS sensor on my truck not at 0% but that was not the case in the end. Many emails again to them regarding it not doing what it's suppose to , in the end came to a dead end on emails. No more replies after they said we'll talk to the techs some more to see if they could figure it out and I even mentioned the possibility of them giving me some type of return and i'd consider an Adrenaline, but no response. In the end I ended up buying a Edge Juice with Attitude from a guy and it came with everything right down to the tie wraps ( very good seller)and I am very happy with the way it works. Good power and I like the gauges option. I'm not saying Quadzilla is a bad programmer, but after the experience I had with them regarding that one I had, it made my decision on which one I was going to put on my truck. BTW, personally I think $350 is a really good deal. I may be wrong but I think the 2001/2002 take the same plug, but Edge could tell you for sure if you call them. I doubt the adapter is very much if you do need one :hyper:

I have also had a quad xzt+ and except for bucking when the convertor locked on a few different tunes it was great and the high idle worked as it should. Now I have a comp and its been great, smooth power and no bucking on any setting. If you have the chance to pick up a working juice/attitude for $350 dont think about it, you buy it!

I have the juice w/att and love it. It has the unlock code and this thing will fuel hard and twist 3750rpms! I love the turbo timer and the fuel press gauge also these are expensive add ons otherwise. Also EDGE is great help any time you need it good choice and have fun:thumb1:

you will be ok 01-02 are the same box from edge

Sweet! what's the fuel pressure thingy do, as far as defueling per fuel pressure drops? I guess I don't understand it's functionality, and why some use the feature, while others do not..

I have the programmer on my truck, an I love it!

--- Update to the previous post...

Sweet!

what's the fuel pressure thingy do, as far as defueling per fuel pressure drops? I guess I don't understand it's functionality, and why some use the feature, while others do not..

I have mine set to alert when the fuel pressure drops, and that way I know I need to check filters or look for someother problem!

Had the juice and had the quad (IQUAD).QUAD definately fueled harder .... so I can believe the extra +30HP but I liked the edge better :) I now got rid of them both ..... and just have a +75HP inj and powerpuck - and to be honest - I don't miss either except for the turbo cooldown :thumb1:I think the 01-02 have a different MAP - but its just an adapter. Box will work with 01+02.The fuel pressure is for monitoring your fuel PSI. The defueling option is based on EGT or Boost PSI.

01 needed no MAP adapter; Edge harness was fine as is.

So anyway, Installed an Edge Juice w/Attitude last night, that I bought from a friend. He switched to a QUAD.

I installed it on my '01 QCSB 6spd. The install was pretty straight-forward. He gave me the FP sender from the QUAD kit, as it appeared identical to the Edge one.

Issues are as follows:

[*]Monitor shows '0psi' fuel pressure when truck is running. Shows 34psi if I unplug sender.

[*]I tested FP prior to installation, and test fitting showed 24-26psi idle, and dropped to ~20 under throttle. Removed test-fitting banjo and installed adapter/sender in it's place, on the VP pump

[*]Data Link connected, select Oil Pressure, and it shows '0psi'

[*]Dash Oil Pressure gauge shows good/high oil pressure..

Additionally, no boost elbow came with the kit. The monitor shows my max boost under load to reach ~30-31psi.

The truck will roll smoke without a problem, so I know it's getting fuel, and plenty of it.

Anyone had an issue of the fuel pressure senders failing with these? Is there a logical/easy way to put the original test port back into the fuel system to still be able to test the fuel pressure with a test gauge, rather than totally disassembling the added sender setup?

The guy at Edge (Brad?) said he's never heard of a sensor being bad... (what?) Want's me to send in the sensor for testing. New one (PN 4000700) is $35.00. Boost elbow, PN 6000019 is ~$10.00

$35, it's almost worth just ordering one, rather than time/money in shipping/testing/returning my current one.said 24-26psi idle is way too high.

Stock elbow + Edge, I see 31-32psi boost. Should I order elbow and go higher? Or leave it as is?

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

I would get the elbow, my egts dropped a good amount after the boost elbow and it has more power. You can get an adjustable elbow off of ebay for $10-15 and the edge elbow isnt adjustable, or atleast mine is not. With my 150's and comp on 5x5 I could hit 42 psi boost so an adjustable elbow would be nice.

can anyone verify if the Edge FPSensor and the QUAD's FPSensor are terminated differently? They're both 3-prong, I'd just like to be able to determine how to test the sensor (ground/reference/signal) to ensure the sensor is bad, or if it's the wiring placement int he terminal.