• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

... a civil rights issue ?

anoldbiker

I'm sorry but I have to vent. I just learn on the news someone is pushing for a bill to be passed to extend a civil rights for poor people to get free cell phones. FREE cell phones ?Ain't nothing free. It appears everyone that has a cell phone would have a tax added to their cell bills to support this. If you read your bills, there's a list of taxes you pay each month that is a long as your arm. I feel for the people that are classed as poor, and I understand some need assistance. But I've seen people on assistance with Iphones and other electronics that are wifi users, and their equipment far exceeds mine, which I pay monthly out of my own pocket without any government assistance.Basic foods, basic medical assistance and such to maintain life in a safe and healthy way is one thing. How does a free cell phone becomes any persons civil right ? With a person not working, they have way to much time on their hands and boy can you run up a cell phone bill in a hurry. Does a person need a cell phone to exist day by day ?How have they survived before the invention of cell phones ?Cilvil rights ?

Let me try and shed some light on all this because I see people complain about issues like this daily and I don't know why (well I do but..). Here's my take on everything. Oh and I'm not trying to pick on you or make you look bad or anything so don't take it that way :pray:There is always going to be something you don't like. One day it's your wife's hair cut, the next day it's the president's hubcaps. For the sake of the conversation, we will say that neither of those things cost you a dime in any way shape or form. My point?, they still got your attention and they still bothered you. My boss does nothing, and makes probably 5x what I do, but it doesn't bother me because he took on the task of creating a company, he took on the risks and everything. Also, if I had a problem with him, I could just quit. Why would I stay and complain about my boss when it's his company and therefore his way of doing things, if I don't like it I should start my own company so then people I hire can complain about me, why, because people will ALWAYS complain about something. I don't really like the word complain, I see it more as people feel the need to speak out because it irritates them, rather than just complaining. Alright so lets throw money into this situation. People get cell phones who don't deserve it and that costs you money. But I don't believe it's the money that is the problem, it's the the sole fact that they are doing it, the fact that it irritates you. Do you really care that you have to pay 5 cents more? I doubt it. Do you care that they are using that 5 cents from 5 million people to be able to buy cell phones for the poor? Of course you do. But if it wasn't that thing then it would be something else. People at work complain to me all the time about how the guy with all the experience who is 60 years old (but not the boss) doesn't do anything all day. The way I see it, they wouldn't be getting anything done without him pointing them in the right direction, yet they want him to do it, which means they want him to do their job since we don't have anything else to do. But they couldn't do that job because they don't have the experience to point someone in the right direction. Which is why I roll my eyes and let them think what they want. But then those 2 come to me individually and complain about their partner. All I see is them wanting to whine about something. I found out my partner at my last job lied to me about my current job so that I wouldn't quit. Moral?, everyone likes drama. Thankfully, I work by myself and avoid it all. If you REALLY want to step back and see the big picture, think about this. You have maybe 80-90 years to live (I have 30 left based on my calculations :lmao:) and the older you get, the faster each year goes by. When you go home, you can say you were an A-hole at work, or you can go home feeling content by helping everyone and being friendly. I know guys who always go with the former and I don't see how they even sleep at night. If they ever looked at their life, what would they have to look at? Right now I am 21, I have tried to do all I can (that I have the energy for) to help as many people as I can, why do you think I keep tearing my truck apart for no reason. I want to learn more about it to help me and share it with everyone else so they know more as well, I don't like being in the dark and nobody else should have to be either. I think it's BS that there are a ton of shops who tear down these cummins' to the bone every day, injection pump and all, yet there is hardly a single video showing an actual tear down. There's pics of things here and there but I don't want to spend months piecing all the pics together that I find just so I can have a collage of crap that will get me nowhere. Being mad over that is a waste of time as well, so I skip it all and go straight to the source, my truck. They shouldn't have cell phones, no doubt everyone agrees, even the poor people deep down know they don't need it, but it's the same as the boss scenario, if you don't like it, find another job or speak with the boss about changing it. The way I see it, the boss is too big for me to speak with (the government!) so I just don't worry about any of it. If you got a way to get through to them that it is BS, then you should pursue it. :thumb1:

• Like 3

No it's not right, no matter who pays for it. Cell phones are a luxury and you can survive without them. If you have the money and WANT a cell phone, more power to you.The reasoning behind this seems to be 911 access. My question is what's next. Are we going to be responsible for supplying high definition cable tv service just so the less fortunate can see storm warnings in crystal clear HD quality? For god sakes we wouldn't want them to miss it, right?I guess the biggest question I would have is where does it all end? What sort of check and balance is our government going to institute to prevent abuse of the welfare system. The current measures are not working.

I guess the biggest question I would have is where does it all end? What sort of check and balance is our government going to institute to prevent abuse of the welfare system. The current measures are not working.

There are no more checks and balances, Our gov just through the constitution out the window and we now live under a dictatorship. If you haven't kept up with the news the overblown hyped up debt ceiling talk just got us a brand new form of government that both the house and senate stuffed down our throats, It is called the committee of 12 aka the new "SUPER CONGRESS" with unlimited powers to form and pass any bill it wants. with the president as the 13th member with veto powers. the house and sentate can not filibuster debate or anything else to discuss any bill they want to throw at us. They can merely give an up or down vote now. And the puppets in washington are Bragging about this totally unconstitutional form of gov they just forceds down our throats, say good bye to the second ammendment and lights out when they stuff through the carbon taxes with cap and trade schemes they have been unsuccessful to get passed up to this point.

Sorry, but like I said, I had to vent. I was listening to the news and reading the threads at the same time, then it just hit me ... What The He** ???Ya see, I was born when Truman was President, (that's why I say I'm and old coot). I grew up in a time when you get what you work for, and if it was really bad times for a family, their families help them through the hard times, and if that wasn't enough, hell the whole city or township would jump in. There were no hard feelings, no insults or problems mentioned. You may consider yourself poor, but you were able to hold your head high when walking down the street.Since then, it seems government (in different time frames) has determine they need to have the so call poor have everything a person lucky enough to earn 1/2 mill a year, and it's should be paid by everyone without the receiver lifting a finger.I retired here from California. Before I left there, there was a 22 year old guy living down the street from me, with his girl friend, two kids, in a rental house that was paid for by the state, supported by the state, and complaining that the state was late with the monthly check and his 64 Impala's $7k paint job had a scratch and he was short of money to have it fixed. (I don't know how much was into hydraulics ... but he loved to slam it into the street coming and going). Now this wasn't bad enough, he didn't work, he was arrested once for breaking into a neighbors house for who knows what and HE was upset his check was late ? Most everyone I know either worked or didn't eat, let alone live in a real nice house.So as mentioned above, do we start getting everyone 80" TV's with HD so they can see the weather ? That is the trend.I'm starting to get towards the winter of my life. And no, I plan to have a VERY long winter. But as time goes by, what I see on the news at times makes me sick to my stomach. I've seen humanity in worst periods, but came out looking way better durning and after.But I guess I shouldn't worry about that, in what ... 3 more years obamacare will start and I can get medical care for antacids to settle my stomach. That's if the price for a bottle of antacids aren't $250 a or more.

Sorry to say but the usa is a leaker friendly place. I work my calist hands so much it hurts to make a fist. I am well aware of the free phones i have seen one in person. I know of some who milk the system. As long as this government is willing to give handouts there will be droves of people with there hand out. All this funk use to bug me. I have been working from the age of 12. I lied about my age to get a paper route. I like to work for what i have. It is not much, but i enjoy all i have. Not to sound all religious on you guys......but i turned my feelings over to Jesus. My Lord blesses me according to his plan for my life. Friends, i use to hate these people and all that did was make ME sick. It didnt change any one of them leakers. I guess to sum this up, if it bugs you do something about it. Call or write your congressman,get a petition started. respectfully yours, Dually

Yep, your right, some states provide plans for 250 minutes and some more. Also, I understand ALL cells phones can call 911, even if it's new and unregistered. At least that's what I was told the last time I was in the Cell phone store by the representative. It's not just the free cell phones that we, cell phone subscribers help pay with added on taxes. It's like the illegal in Florida that is getting medical care, and when the government is notified he's illegal, won'y get the guy and deport him, thus making the hospital spend it's own money to care for him. It was on the news and internet (you tube). The hospital said they are in the hole over a million because if the illness and all the services pertaining to it, and when they said they are willing to pay for the airfare and support to fly him back, they were told they could not by the feds. (it was cheaper for the hospital to do this then keep paying for the bill). In this case, the rates this hospital charges us have increased since someone has to pay for it. (last heard, the guy is still in the hospital, free medical care, food and lodging. I wonder if he'll put in for hospital retirement & ssan when he hits 62) I know we need to help those that are in certain dire need. I agree with this. But when does it stop ? Why do we need to but us in so much debt, until our grand children and their grandchildren MIGHT pay it off ? You can go to the national debt clock (http://www.usdebtclock.org/ ) and see what ever citizen owes, it's amazing that my new born grandson was over 40k in debt when he left his mothers womb, and slowly increasing. And we just increases it a week ago again ? Let's see, we estimate the debt will increase at this rate by 9 trilling in 10 years, but we only agreed we might decrease spending by 2 trillion in a couple of years. We support almost every country in the world that likes or hates us, but we get into debt, or want to taxes every American until they are slaves to the state and have nothing to live on. What am I missing ? I got to stop looking at the news and seeing what's happening in the world. Ignorance must really be bliss to be happy now a days.

A couple of months ago, I went into a local gas station. This young lady was stationed by the door, with applications, it said anyone that wants a free cell phone is eligible. She was very persitant that I fill out the application. I said I don't need it or want it, that I carry a cell phone now. She kept saying its free, if you have children, live alone, self employed, on food stamps, whatever your entitled to one. I kept telling her no! I don't need a handout from the government for a dang cell phone. After 2 days of her being outside the store, the great state of Arkansas handed out a little over 1500 free cell phones from one gas station! It's crazy, you get a free cell phone and 250 mins per month, just think of all the money that the actual law abiding tax payers are shelling out for crap that is as stupid as this!!!:nono::nono::nono: He** if we can give free cell phones, to people that don't need them, why can't we use the money the money to feed the hungry? or help the older folks that's on a very limited income that need money to pay for food and meds??? or don't have air condtioners? He** I'm not rich but I'm not poor either? I work 3 jobs to pay for everything I own, it's not that hard to get off of one's lazy a** and do something to try to make a living! I'm so sick and tired of people always asking me to give them crap when they are driving nicer vehicles than me, living in nicer homes, wearing expensive clothes!The way I was raised up, being poor if you wanted something you worked your butt off made and saved your money to get it!!! You didn't go around saying hey I'm poor you owe me that!!! Sorry fellas that I'm ranting this morning, all this crap gets on my nerves when people want something for nothing!

could not agree with yall more. i seems the more that is given to people the larger that mass of people grows. the more they get the less likely they are going to want to go back to working for it. and to all the people who say illegal aliens have done nothing wrong, why do we call them ILEGALL aliens. can yu inmagine wher you might end up up if you swam south of the border and got caught.

You see guys but their is something we can do about this and it doesent take that much, call, mail, email, or whatever you representives, it doesent take much! they will get the clue and if they don't, bye bye. I love our great country and I don't mind paying taxes when I know it is going for what government was created for, our protection (our GREAT MILITARY) I am all about giving all of our great solders anything they want but so a-hole that is doing nothing gets a free phone and free food stamps, health care, exc, why go to work, and if you are the one getting it of corse you are going to vote for that guy again, its like buying votes with our money:doh: and we as americans are alowing it. So yeah I think this puts alot of people into the rant mode, thanks:banghead:

• Like 2

You see guys but their is something we can do about this and it doesent take that much, call, mail, email, or whatever you representives, it doesent take much! they will get the clue and if they don't, bye bye. I love our great country and I don't mind paying taxes when I know it is going for what government was created for, our protection (our GREAT MILITARY) I am all about giving all of our great solders anything they want but so a-hole that is doing nothing gets a free phone and free food stamps, health care, exc, why go to work, and if you are the one getting it of corse you are going to vote for that guy again, its like buying votes with our money:doh: and we as americans are alowing it. So yeah I think this puts alot of people into the rant mode, thanks:banghead:

I agree often times I am quick to complain and not quick to act about issues like this. I will write my representatives immediately.
  • Like 1

I tell you what two weeks ago was my local county fair parade and when the DFL group came down the street they were holding signs complaining about the republicans because as you all know my state govnment was shut down for 3 weeks because of our idiotic govener and his crones wouldnt budge. So when the republicans came down the same street they had a full color gaurd leading them and were so patriotic I could cry! So I saw representive Chip Cravaack coming down my side of the street (If you don't know he defeted Jim Oberstar dfl for over 30yrs in my district) so I made sure I shook his hand and told him he was a GREAT AMERICAN and I belelive he is and we need to support more guys like this to get our geat country back to what it was built apon freedom not free handouts! sorry for the long rant again THANKS