• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

My Friends Repair Nightmare

dorkweed

Seems like a tiny flexible nozzle on a shop vac would solve that issue right quick.

That would probably work if the pieces were small. It sure sounds like the threaded base of the plug and the porcelain is in there. In order for the plug base to get in there, the threads in the head are FUBARed!!!!:duh::cry:

--- Update to the previous post...

Some info on this.........

www.agcoauto.com/content/news/p2_articleid/120

I had a similar problem with my Ford E-350 van. The heads are aluminum and the one spark plug blew out. When it did it sounded like a big block with no exhaust. Had the same spark plugs as in the Op's post. They need a special socket to pull them and have specific details on interval for changing I believe at 60,000 miles. When the day it happened I drove to the local Ace hardware for some stuff. everything fine. Came out fired it up and you would have thought I was staging up against John Force. I drove back down the road to my jobs garage, drove past a local garage and the mechanic ran out to see what the heck was going on. So I gave the Miss America wave and rolled on by. LOL! Anyway had it fixed heili-coiled the head and it runs fine to this day.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

From everything I read, in service the original (strange) design spark plugs were nearly impossible to remove without breakage if run to the specified service interval & when they broke often a piece would enter the cylinder. Redesigned plugs were made & available. The problem is they should have been recalled at once when they could have better odds of successful replacement. This is what I would have done had I owned a F-name vehicle. Instead they hoped for the best & hung it on their loyal customers (wonder how many will be after this?)