• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Went away on holidays, no problems until I got about 3 miles from home, stopped to fill up and pushed clutch in after being in stop and go traffic and it went to the floor. Best place for it to happen though, was able to chug it home starting it in gear and creeping through stop signs. Of course happened during rush hour which made it more challenging. http://forum.mopar1973man.com/threads/4226-Anyway-to-check-how-much-wear-a-clutch-has-left Had changed the slave cylinder a few months ago, parts guy recommended I replace both, but being a Scot i took the cheaper route, well should have taken his advice just replaced the Master and it got my clutch working again. It now comes up about 1.5-2 inches off the floor and grabs, is this how a good setup is as i can't recall with all the issues I have had with mine over the last few months. Thanks Rick

well i dont have any Scot in me, but when mine went i just replaced the master because i didnot know amy better. the instructions as i remeber wer alittle strange. cant remember exactly how though. i filled it with fluid before install but some spilled and there was a fair amount of air in it. i had to pump like crazy to get it to work and it engaged very low. i had trouble with it for several days but it kept getting better and eventually it came back up to normal. every where i have read since replacing mine states that the whole system has to be installed as a unit.master, slave and hydraulic lines. Mike has a good write up here an how to do it. it still involves taking the whole system off. when i installed my master i did not have benifit of this info and just replaced it. sometime ignorance is bliss i suppose. when i replace the slave it came with a bleeder screw on it and i just put it on, bled it and it has been working fine ever since. some of the slaves dont come with a bleeder though. enough of all that. your clutch should engage higher, could still be some air in the line causing that. read mike's write up. if you dont have any bleeder screw on anything the wite up will show you how.

I've been out pumping the pedal and it seems to be getting better very slowly. I had read the write up from Mike, extremely helpful, and gave me the confidence to tackle this. Dealer up here wants over $500 for a pre bled assembly, I got all my parts for about $170.00.Any savings right now is a bonus as this truck is nickel and diming me to death with all the little parts and pieces that almost weekly seem to be needing attention.:broke:Thanks for chiming in.

the first day of operation after installing the master was a pain. i was constantly pumping the clutch just to get it to work. but gradually over 10 days or so it was back to where it should have been. now dont get me wrong that is probably not a great way to do it. at the time i did not know any bettter but it worked out in the end. sometimes ignorance is bliss:hyper:.