• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Time to ditch the 70 and go to a dana 80 if you continue to pull you will continue to break things on the 70 unless you spend a lot of money and upgrade to all heavier parts in the 70. There are a few aftermarket mfgs of axles. Personally I would get a hold of Scheids or Enterprise engine and see what they reccomend.

Nope the 80 is bigger and heavier all around including larger axle shafts. Do you get wheel hop when pulling and what tires and pressures are you running to be breaking things? You want the rear tires as hard as possible and if still getting wheel hop then you definately need a set of ladder or traction bars and this would solve most of the breakage issues. From your sig you are not making that much power to break from hp tq reasons that is why I ask what else is happening during the pulls.

Nope the 80 is bigger and heavier all around including larger axle shafts. Do you get wheel hop when pulling and what tires and pressures are you running to be breaking things? You want the rear tires as hard as possible and if still getting wheel hop then you definately need a set of ladder or traction bars and this would solve most of the breakage issues. From your sig you are not making that much power to break from hp tq reasons that is why I ask what else is happening during the pulls.

Interesting. I have read in the past that 2500 manual transmission and HO came with a D80 hybrid axle that consisted of a D80 center section with D70 tubes, D70 35-spline axles, and D70 hubs and that the 3500 came with a true D80. However in my glove box the RPO codes show a D80 Hybrid and my truck is a 3500 so who knows.

I have broke 4 dana 70 axles while pulling, (all at the splines) I changed the side gears to 35 spline and run d80 stock axles. I think im just going to swap in a d80. Sent from my mobile phone using tapatalk

Yeh this is my first broken axle I replaced it but looking at the 35 side gears but then again my truck aint all that crazy either. Otherwise you are from Wyoming thats just a short 30miles south its nice to have a neihbor close by:thumb1:

Yeh this is my first broken axle I replaced it but looking at the 35 side gears but then again my truck aint all that crazy either. Otherwise you are from Wyoming thats just a short 30miles south its nice to have a neihbor close by:thumb1:

He is actually soaking up some easy gravy money right now in the oil patch of ND. Dang oil patch is pulling in rif raf from everywheres.:lmao:

• 3 weeks later...