• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Which Programmer for a 05 3500

jlwelding

I dont know which to go with, I like the smarty I think, I heard you can shut off two of the three times the injectors spray.What programmer do you run? I am looking to get fuel mileage.I do not have gauges yet, I guess that depends on programmer.

I'm running the Smarty Revo right now. I love it. I ran the Edge J w/A prior to that. It was good, but not as good as the Smarty. There is no Smarty program the eliminates injection events as of now. That 3rd injection event doesn't always happen anyhow. There are certain parameters that need to be met via the sensors and the ECM/computer decides whether or not to add the 3rd event.If I were you, prior to getting a Smarty of some sort, first do these mods...1. Gauges....so you have baseline to start from...EGT, boost, LP pressure and rail pressure, trans temp2. Free flow exhaust......get rid of the back pressure......muffler only...leave the kitty3. Secondary 2 micron fuel filter..........your injectors will love you for this4. Trans upgrade.........clutch for manual........valve body, torque converter at least for auto, and maybe shafts5. Smarty.......You could possibly eliminate or delay 2,3, and 4 if you're gonna drive for mileage and have a light foot........and get the Smarty. But most find the Smarty too much fun and tear up there tranny with the low end power the Smarty provides.

I found a smarty sr6 I beleave thats what he called it. And I think from what I hear its a good all round programer, I am not looking to hot rod but it dont hurt puttin a Chevy in he's place every now and then.He is asking 500.00 for it. Is this a fair price?

• Staff

If you tow a lot or just need/want up to about 400 rwhp then get the Jr, if you want over 450 rwhp then get the Sr. I think the Jr is better suited as a towing setup because the timing options are a little different on the Jr, and from my understanding TM2 (default Jr timing) isn't even an option on the Sr and it works very well for towing.

I'm running the TSTcontroller with the monitor on my '03,it's nice to be able to adjust the power and torque levels on the fly. I also didn't want to lose my old fart grab handle to a guage pod. It works great for everything i've needed so far.