• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

how to identify unkwon injectors ???

hello guys here is a question . anyone know if there is a way to identify a unknown 24 valve injector ? i have a 2002 dodge diesel as a insurance write off that i have been using for parts for my 2001 dodge diesel . the 2002 had a 4 inch exhaust , a hx40 / hx35 turbo ( hx35 exhaust side ) , a aftermarket airfilter ( i think it is a "afc" ) , some sort of "tuner box" ( it is missing , but the vp44 does have the top cover replaced with one with a "wiretap " ) ...... there was also a boost guage and a egt guage in the truck . ...... there is also a " PDR Diesel " emblem on the tailgate .... ( i emailed them with the trucks serial number , no response so far ) . the truck is a automatic , so the original turbo would have been a hy35 . given this info , what do you guys think are the chances that the owner put a set of bigger injectors in ?and is there an easy way to identify the injectors once i get one of them out ? ?

Easiest way is to count the holes and that isnt always gonna tell you anything. Stock injectors will have 7 holes but most good aftermarket injectors are 7 holes too. 8 holes will most likely be cheap edge jammers or BD. 6 holes are usually custom and cost more than the others. If they are 7 holes then just sent them off to a place that builds injectors that can test them for you.