• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

boost bolt

Hey everyone just want a few opinions. My brother just got a cummins so I might be selling my edge to him since I only use it for the gauges. With that said I am going to have to get a new pyro and boost gauge. I have a banks high ram intake horn but it is not tapped for a boost elbow. Should I tap that or does anyone know how well that boost bolt works?:shrug:

I have a threaded port on the outlet side of my turbo where my boost fooler and wastegate pressure line is connected and I just used a 'T' fitting to connect the line for my boost guage. Been that way for 5 years now. This setup seems different than some others are doing so I hope it isn't wrong to do it this way.

• Staff

The boost bolt is the best and easiest way to go.

I don't think 3rd gen's have that plug in the side of the head.

--- Update to the previous post...

I have a threaded port on the outlet side of my turbo where my boost fooler and wastegate pressure line is connected and I just used a 'T' fitting to connect the line for my boost guage. Been that way for 5 years now.

This setup seems different than some others are doing so I hope it isn't wrong to do it this way.

It's not wrong, but will read a higher pressure than what the manifold/motor are seeing.

• Owner

I am not sure it matters.

He's right it doesn't matter... But what does matter is the place where the tube is going to be. Is it going to be in a spot prone to be damage because of doing service to the engine? Like the boost bolt points the tube straight up right in the middle of all the high pressure lines. So every time you work on doing a valve adjustment etc. you take a risk of breaking the tube or damaging it. But if it located low on the head like where mine is highly unlikely to get damaged because of where its located. So the pressure will all be the same is just location might cause problem for damaging the tubing...