• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

installed my dual disc and upgraded hydraulics but the engagement is way at the top of the pedal swingsouthbend told me that the slave cylinder is pushing too far and i need to take it back off and cut about 1/2in off of the rod...has anyone else had to do this? kind of nervous i dont want to cut too muchits annoying and tough to get used to the clutch pedal having to come just about all the way out before i start moving

im not sure who i talked to but they asked where my clutch pedal sits in relation to the brake pedalit sits slightly higher... they asked how i had the master cylinder adjusted... i left it where it was which was a few threads out to compensate for floor matsthen he said i would have to take the slave cylinder back out and cut about 1/2 inch off because it was pushing too far and thats why the fork doesnt come back far enough until way at the top of the pedali thought that to be pretty odd considering one truck should be the same as the nextthe only other thing i can think of is maybe it only bothers me and everyone else just gets used of itjlwelding does your truck start to move just about right away when letting up on the clutch?

i just put a new clutch in mine. my clutch pedal sits higher than the brake about 3/8". i think it always has but i never paid it that much attention. mine starts to engage about halfway up, maybe tad higher. but it all feels right. does not feel any differant than it has felt over the years.

• Like 1

okay yea i think it sounds like i definitely have to try what southbend told me tomine doesnt start until my pedal is just about all the way outi double checked to make sure my mind wasnt playing tricks on meyou guys are running single discs right? i wonder if the difference would be the extra thickness of a dual disc being the extra disc and the flywheel plate between the two it would make sense because cutting a half inch would compensate for the extra thickness theni would think that somewhere in the instructions it would mention something about it thoughmakes me kind of worry if my clutch is even fully engaging when i have the pedal all the way out??:broke:seems like thatd be doing a number on my fingers and throw out bearing real quick like:banghead:i'll call southbend again tomorrow just to verify before i do it

i talked to peter this morning and he said even though maybe noone has heard of this on the forums they sell 40-50 clutches a day and here and there it happens though they didnt know exactly what it is thats different on some whether it be the hydraulic system or something in my truck or what

people in the past have cut it down and it solved it because it shortens the throw... right now he said my throw is way too long

he said cut half an inch off and if it doesnt fix it or anything happens he'll make it right

i guess he said hes the owner of southbend?

--- Update to the previous post...

yep cut off 1/2in and my clutch feels normal again :thumb1: