• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

undercoating

The auction companies (in this area anyway) that auction off used farm equipment do the same UMO and diesel mixed. It makes the dull paint look a little nicer. Just don't sit down on it... Yes I did.:doh:

I guess you'll make in impression where ever you go!:lol: Guys used to add a few oz of K1 to there soap & water of their older DD to boost the shine & to get into the cracks & such to help protect from the winter salt. Did you guys check out the record snow, NH, 31+ inches. Too late for them to undercoat the DD! Save

The K1 would strip any wax of the truck, otherwise I would try that.

It's an oil. The wax I use says it can withstand acid rain so a lil K1 or D2 w 2-3 gal of wash soap & water? Aren't most wax products petroleum based? It's really to help fight the salt & road chemicals, if that doesn't take off wax! Just passing on old timer info is all. As far as new products go, I'm having nice results w the new wax a you dry products out on the market. Everyone I've tried works good. I still like to hand wax too, but these new products help enhance the shine. Dave

I don't know if they are petroleum based or not. However, I based my [assumption] that K1 would strip wax, upon the use of Mineral Spirits to strip wax, which is a standard means in woodworking for wax removal. I am sure I am probably wrong, "as usual". It is my experience that waxes today are ALL over rated regarding how long they last. I do know from my own personal experience that dishwashing detergents like Dawn or Polmolive really strip wax when used to wash a vehicle. I have waxed my truck, and in one wash with Dawn dish detergent the wax was totally gone. It sure does clean the bugs off nicely though and when I want to get my truck really clean, like when it has that Calcuim Choride on it (used for ice melt on the roads in Maryland) I use Dawn and then try to get some wax on it right after that.Regarding acid rain. I live in a particularly bad area for that and the waxes I use (Meguire's, Norton ect.) are good quality waxes but haven't been able to overcome that acid once the sunlight hits those water droplets.I hope I didn't come off wrong about the K1. You have my interest now, and I will give it a try and see how it works. The older I get the more I realize that the things that the generations before us did were simple, yet worked, and were generally cheap. ie. ammonia, for cleaning interiors, Vinegar/water and a drop of soap for windows ect..Simple is good. Thats why I have a 24 valve Cummins. The more I learn about the simplicity of this truck, the more I wish I had bought one years ago.

RJC,I know what you mean about simplicity of a CTD, esp a 12 or early 24V. I do as well wished I bought one years ago. Mine almost gets the mileage my 4cyl 89 DaKota 5sp used to get. Is the CTD a workhourse. I really enjoy mine.Keep your truck clean, almost all the gen 2's are rust buckets up here in NE Ohio. Wheel wells, doors, rocker panels, fenders.I will re-oil mine before winter. Got my sprayer from harbor freight, just an air gun w a draw tube. I use the oil I drain out of my truck. Make sure it's at least room temp & turn up the pressure on your air compressor.Dave

The oil spray is a really smart thing to do, especially where you are located. The vehicles I have seen from your area look like Pennsylania vehicles do. I wish Dodge or Ram or whatever they are called now would get their act together with the quality of the body build. If they had given attention to this ten or twenty years ago they would have built a really good reputation by now and wouldn't have to sell their trucks for $8,000 less than the other two.