• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Best Mod EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just put a hamilton cam in my 01. I can not say enough about it. It made my paint look fresher and the seats smell better. Girls smiled at me more. Oh yea, the truck runs soooo much smother now as well. The turbo is super loud through the exhaust. I don't think you would recognize the sound of the truck as a 24v now. It get almost instant spool, lower egts, better mileage, it revs to 3500 almost instantly. This will pay for itself in a month the way we drive the truck. I am definitely getting one one in my 05. That will be the first non trans mod I get in that truck.

• Like 3

i just put a hamilton cam in my 01. I can not say enough about it. It made my paint look fresher and the seats smell better. Girls smiled at me more. Oh yea, the truck runs soooo much smother now as well. The turbo is super loud through the exhaust. I don't think you would recognize the sound of the truck as a 24v now. It get almost instant spool, lower egts, better mileage, it revs to 3500 almost instantly. This will pay for itself in a month the way we drive the truck. I am definitely getting one one in my 05. That will be the first non trans mod i get in that truck.

was it diffcult to install????

was it diffcult to install????

The whole front of the truck comes off. Most of it is pretty easy. We changed the tappets. That was pretty hard even for my mechanic.

--- Update to the previous post...

Lets hear more

Exactly, the sound of the turbo out of the tailpipe is amazing. It spools so early that my truck sounds like an airplane. I can break the tires loose from a dead stop and I couldn't do that before with my automatic. The power comes on earlier and lasts longer.

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104129&highlight=188%2F220 Post 16, and you are correct. Running 4500 ? Do you have a p pump? I installed a maxspool a few years ago and like it. I would like to dyno my maxspool and then the 181/210. Post 30 is kinda a bummer. I just removed my .020 hg, loss of low end grunt and it hates the cold.

We should all collectively do a write up on it. (Cam install) Mine went smooth. The tappets were time consuming. We could help one another. It is not vary hard. I have a dowl kit i could loan out. I dont have the cam tray i used a friends. Some people use a cut pcv tube, getting string and a cork is no problem. What do you guys think do you want to start a write up ?