• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Power Outage...

Mopar1973Man

I see a lot of benefits to a power outage. I go ride every weekend so I basically am without power every weekend.

[*]Your drinks in ice cold water are a heck of a lot better than the fridge.

[*]BBQ ribs, hot dogs, etc for dinner over the fire.

[*]Smores

[*]If you hit the right time of the year, the temperature and slight wind are 10x better than your homes hvac.

[*]Taking a leak only requires you to stand up.

[*]Your hearing starts to get better as you spend more time away from factories.

Ok I guess that was benefits of camping. Either way I hate living in the house, all I want is my phone since it has internet on it, besides that I would rather be camping on the shore of a lake.

I agree i love spending time away from it all but that hasnt worked very well the last few months here in Texas, finally getting a break this week! Mike how long how far is the electric company from you and how wide of an area do they cover? Just curious on average when you lose power how long your out.-Jordan-

• Owner

I agree i love spending time away from it all but that hasnt worked very well the last few months here in Texas, finally getting a break this week! Mike how long how far is the electric company from you and how wide of an area do they cover? Just curious on average when you lose power how long your out. -Jordan-

Hmmm... I'm a long ways from the power company (35 miles guessin') Typical outage is about 8-24 hours... Longest I've seen is 9 days... (96-97 Flood)

For such a small... and largely urban to suburban... state, we also have several rural towns. It's not the distance which is so great, it's more like living in another century. A lot of actual colonial era houses. One friend owns one colonial, reputed to be the oldest house in our town... used to be on the "main road" now 1/2 mile off the pavement. He still does not have utilities back. Another one off my street, 1000 feet into the woods has a sign on the mailbox, directing the utility company to their downed wires.My uncle owns the family farm (bought by my grandfather in 1899). The farmhouse was burned & rebuilt during the King Philip War (between Mass Bay Colony & Wampanoag Tribe) 1675-1678. The central chimney has 6 working fireplaces and a bake oven... the kitchen hearth takes 6 foot logs. It continues as a dairy farm (Ashires & a few Holstiens)...