• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

• Owner

Ahh... You got what I do... (Most likely).My old RV275 inectors which were a hand me downs from CajFlynn (thank you) they finally gave up this summer and were missing at idle but under load they did fine. But cold engine it went away too. So my suggestion to you is pull the inectors and have the pop tested and see if thats the problem.Since I've disassembled my injectors a few times now I know I've got one with a pintle that is sticky. This should show up on the pop test bench.

Check the water/fuel ,try to drain it. Are you in a pinch ? I have some rv injectors i can let you USE but i want them back when you are finished with them. They are in fine shape and were freshened up 2000 miles ago. I can talk you through how to swap them out if you dont know how. You can use your valve cover bolt to remove the injectors it works like a charm...let me know.

Don't know much about injectors. What am I looking for and what should I avoid? I just want a reliable replacement that will not adversely effect my mpg.

Jammers are junk. If you can find some 275's or 40 over rv injectors i think you would be happy. Mike has a set he should chime in, the way it sounds he is happy. When i ran them i did 18.5 mpg in a dually. That was all freeway miles with edge drag box on 5x5.

• Owner

Jammers are junk. If you can find some 275's or 40 over rv injectors i think you would be happy. Mike has a set he should chime in, the way it sounds he is happy. When i ran them i did 18.5 mpg in a dually. That was all freeway miles with edge drag box on 5x5.

My RV275 and my Edge Comp (5x5) would net me around 21-23 MPG easy... Now that I got the RV275's out and stockers back in I'm barely making 19 MPG with just the Edge Comp.

• Owner

Changing injectors is rather easy...

[*]Remove the intake horn and grid heater

[*]Remove APPS sensor

[*]Cover the air tube and manifold with duct tape to prevent things/debris from falling in.

[*]Remove the valve cover.

[*]Loosen a injector line and using a small screwdriver carefully pry out the connector tube inside about 1/2".

[*]Remove the 8mm bolt in the injector cover.

[*]Remove injector cover.

[*]Using a air horn bolt screw it in the center of the injector

[*]Pull striaght up to remove the injector.

[*]Re-assemble with new injector.

[*]Do the other 5 cylinders.

The article...

http://articles.mopar1973man.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=61:injectors-removal&catid=25&Itemid=107

Wow! How kind of you. No I'm not in a pinch, but I may take you up on the coaching me through the replacement process.

Here watch my videos on you tube its a 3 part series, its not the best made video but i tried to be very through.

http://www.youtube.com/user/CumminsForumHelp#p/u/3/7hwHSp4ErOQ

--- Update to the previous post...

If not, my vote would go to Jacobb on the CF, his Diesel auto power injectors work great, and give my 99 a good pep to its step.

• Like 1