• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Texas is Burning

jlwelding

It started Sunday about 1pm, winds gusting 30-40 mph broke a power line. The brush is so dry it just exploded in fire. There where about 8 fires in a 30 mile radius. It was total kaos people where freaking out.The fire close to me is the largest, it has burned 45k plus acers and burned 650 homes. You can see this one from space. We have only had 6 inches of rain since February. We live close to what is known as Lost Pines of Tx. it's probly gone now. The total fire burned here in Tx is 3.4 million acers and several thousand homes. Here's some pics my family took.

post-30-138698179961_thumb.jpg

post-30-138698179968_thumb.jpg

post-30-138698179975_thumb.jpg

post-30-138698179986_thumb.jpg

post-30-138698179996_thumb.jpg

post-30-138698180006_thumb.jpg

post-30-138698180012_thumb.jpg

I drove through that area in April and it was dry then. I don't see how any thing is still living down there without any water and all the heat you have been getting.Hope this heat and drought ends for you folks very soon and I hope they can get these fires under control so the devastation stops.

Were not in it yet, the winds have been from the north for 4-5 days and they are suposed to start coming from the south tonight. I just pray they have it under control behind it because it will get us if not. Right now it is 30 miles long and 25 miles wide that was this morning. The winds have been 5-10 mph today thank god and they have it 30% contained. We have 4 people so far that are close friends that have lost it all. This drought is the worst on record, we beat every record there is heat, wind, no rain, 75 plus days over 100. Here's the bad thing for the people here that others dont relise yet is it will take a rancher who has not sold everything he has 6 years to build his heard up, because next year he cant buy, the price will be double and a nother 3 years to start making a profeit. Geuss who will start figuring it out then? Thats right you and me when we are paying double. The sale barns here have been full every week for 10 weeks. Lets take the one just down the road from me. They can hold 18 hundered head, thats 18k in just one lot in ten weeks. If you think it wont efect you think again those 18k head would have had a lot of offspring. The deer and the rest of the wild life are dieing off. On my property I used to have 6-10 does that lived behind my house for 30 years on average. They been gone for weeks.

I cant belive the nerve this, I cant even call him a man.http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/306328

--- Update to the previous post...

In five days it has burned 125k acres in three countys. 1500 homes just in Bastrop county. I think 400 homes in Travis. And this is not enough to call a disaster. I'd laugh if I could.