• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Geuss I lost my injector pump

Here is my deal, My truck was running fine then just died sort of felt like it jumped out of gear but that could of been the loss of power. Refire run really rough only idle no foot feet response. Now doesn't start at all. So what I have learned so far is pump must of went.So my truck is a 99 but I have a pump on a 2001 motor is it the same? I sort of want to be sure I'm 600 miles from the 01 pump and don't want to rent a car and drive that far if it might not work. Thanks

• Owner

Welcome to the site... Sorry to hear about your problems. :duh:But as for the VP44 as long as VP44 is the same (SO VP44 installing to SO Engine) there should be no problems. It should work. Just make sure to keep the key match with its pump. But if the 01 happens to be a 6 speed then you need a HO VP44 pump.

Where are you located at currently?Try the easy stuff first.You might try resetting the APPS, as it might have lost its settings. Truck dying going down the road, then the idle being erratic. Then no response from pushing on the skinny pedal.Does your lift pump turn on when you bump the starter(not starting the truck).Do you know if the '01 engine is an H.O. Have someone there look at the injection pump and see if it has 235(S.O.) or 245(H.O.) on the label.

Thanks Well I'm in SE MN out side RochesterI got a 1688 and 1689 codeIt was a auto tranny the 01 so it's not a HOI have a aftermart lift pump and it's working and the factory one runs alsoI was just leaving a stop sign and as I was picking up speed I shifted into 3rd and it jump like the tranny popped out of gear but when I put in the clutch it died and when I restarted it it ran rough and had not thottle response at all. Restarted about 3 times and now doesn't start, it fires after crancking on it for a few seconds but thats it. Thanks agian

• Owner

Thanks Well I'm in SE MN out side Rochester I got a 1688 and 1689 code It was a auto tranny the 01 so it's not a HO I have a aftermart lift pump and it's working and the factory one runs also I was just leaving a stop sign and as I was picking up speed I shifted into 3rd and it jump like the tranny popped out of gear but when I put in the clutch it died and when I restarted it it ran rough and had not thottle response at all. Restarted about 3 times and now doesn't start, it fires after crancking on it for a few seconds but thats it. Thanks agian

P1688 code http://forum.mopar1973man.com/threads/2627-P1688-Internal-Fuel-Injection-Pump-Controller-Failure P1689 code http://forum.mopar1973man.com/threads/2628-P1689-No-Communication-Between-ECM-and-Injection-Pump-Module