• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Speaking of Bad Batterys

jlwelding

Lost a battery in my 01 and 4 days later I lost one in my 05. :spend: Two weeks before that put new tires on both trucks. :spend:

i bought a vp for mine because it was going bad and the ecm went out before i could install it. :spend:bought a clutch because i had 225k on mine and figured it was about gone and my rebuilt ecm went out. :spend:installed the new clutch while waiting on my ecm, drive it for 2 months and the tranny went out. :spend:installed new to me tranny and all is well now. KNOCK ON WOOD. rented car for wife to drive during all of this. PRICELESS

actually called mike on weekend came back after 5 weeks in alaska - and I left the trailer hooked up 2 flat batteries :( So $250 - and had to put new ones in to get her home. Are these any good to try and charge my old ones - and how to know if they are holding charge well ?? http://www.amazon.com/Battery-Tender-021-0123-Junior-Charger/dp/B000CITK8S/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1316226626&sr=8-4

A discharged battery that freezes is junk... I used to sell batteries at the boat yard. If a battery has been drawn down totally flat, trickling (1-2 amp) it might bring it back... but I'm not sure I'd trust it after. I might switch it to a non-essencial service like a camper battery or such.