• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

So there I was...

Guest Chiptox

northbound on US 95 through New Meadows ID when I lost the serpentine belt ('93 F250 7.3L) right in front of this here webmaster's doorstep. I wandered up to his front door a frustrated and slightly broken man and was made welcome. Mike (mopar1973man) opened his home and his garage to my troubles and gave me valuable assistance. Unfortunately, a simple garage on the side of the highway far from any OEM distributor or machine shop could solve my troubles in a timely manner (sheared bolt on the tensioner pulley) and I had to phone in a couple favors to haul me and my wreck away. On the bright side I have my own semi truck ('04 IHC 9400i Cummins ISX Meritor 10 speed Rockwell RT20145 axles) to do the job and Mike got to see firsthand how us movers haul vehicles.Any insights into the workings of the enigma that is the ISX would be most welcome as I'm still learning as I haven't had the cornbinder for two years. The Ford with the 7.3 well... that thing I usually take for granted except for all the parts stamped "Ford" and/or the ones "made in Canada" which are the root cause of my current, past, and future struggles. :clap: The 3rd party IHC and Dana stuff rules. Funny that. BTW, this forum has cool smileys.PS: Mike, you got some Omaha Steaks with a flowery "thank you" note coming attcha. Thanks for the help and the kindness. I'll see you next time I'm southbound.

• 2 months later...
Guest Chiptox

As for your truck I love to hear what you find for solution... :thumb1:

I disconnected the whole bracket, drilled out the sheared bolt, hammered in a 4 inch grade 8 1/2" bolt in from behind, then reattached the tensioner arm with a nylock nut. It's not the perfect fix because the pulley and arm now sit a little ____-eyed. A proper fitting via die grinder on the ribbing to fit the bolt head flush and a brass or copper shim with some grease over the bolt shank to snuggly fit the metric-sized arm would be a better solution. But it works... until it doesn't. I should really fix that proper before the snow really flies.

Welcome to the forum, looks like you couldnt have found a better place to break down lol -Jordan-

you got that right.