• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Stupid Propane connection...

See I ended up with (2) full old-style propane tanks... meanwhile everything we use has been replaced with more recent style connectors. In the past I did not worry as I recycled an old style regulator & fitting onto the newer appliance. I figured I'd use them up on the gas grill. Well, the folks that make them changed that fitting to a crimp on... Sooo, long story short, I have (2) full 30's off my old camper which I could not use the propane.I finally located the correct adaptor fitting & ordered one. So when it came it had RED LOCKTITE on the threads and the spanner wrench to install it... the notches in the adaptor body were install only. I am sick of being forced to do things their way! I don't want to permanently convert these tanks (buy 2 adaptors). I want to use the propane I paid for & retire the tanks (since I am out of the horse business, I no longer use the skeeter vacs, use much less propane). I just used a tooth brush & laquor thinner to remove the locktite. I put the adaptor in a vise & used a little dremel cutter to make the spanner notches work in both directions. Yes, I'll have to check both sides of the connection when I change tanks... I think I can handle that!

Sorry about the focus.

The adaptor only had a shoulder on the side to tighten it... to the right in the photo... so I cut a shoulder on the opposite side of the notch (brass color to the left) for the spanner so the fitting could be removed... repeated in all the notches. It's a brass part, cut easily with the cutter shown in the dremel. You can see just a hint of the red lock-tight on the threads.

Posted Image