• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Ok guys I need some help! Just purchased pyro and tranny temp gauges to go along with my FP gauge. Got some questions: 1. Do you put the tranny sensor on the line that is on the left front corner of the tranny? 2. Is there any reason why they sent a 6' connector wire that goes from the pyro sensor to the elctrical sensor for the pyro? Looks like the wires are already long enough to connect! 3. Where is the best place to get the 12v power source for these 2 electrical boxes? I have seen a picture as to where to drill the manifold for the pyro sensor, I will look for that! Thanks for your input!Update:After looking for the picture where to put the EGT probe, I go and look at my manifold closer and to my surprise it is a 3 piece ATS manifold!:stuned: Already has a internal allen head bolt for the probe!:hyper: Bad news, I tried to remove it and it is welded tight in there from the heat I guess.:cry: So, still going to have to drill the manifold.

1. mine is on the tranny pan sorry cant help.2. Yes it runs from the exhaust up to the wire harness over the engine back into the truck.3. The fuse box in the cab. I use the one that dims with the lights so at nite the new gauges dont blind me and they blend with the dash lights.3a.#6 is the hottest thats the one you want the probe in.

Put some penetrating oil on that allenhead in the manifold, then get a torch and get the area around the allenhead almost red hot quickly, then quickly remove the allenhead, if nothing then hit it with a hammer, not hard just a mild tap to break the rust loose, then try and remove it.If that doesn't work, heat it up again but now the allenhead will be hot as well which will screw you so have a cup of ice cold water handy and get everything hot again, now dump the water into the top of the allenhead being careful not to get too much on the manifold, you want just the allenhead to cool and it will shock it and pop it out of the rust. So dump the water on it for 5 seconds, then try and take it out all quick as you can. If nothing, get the drill lol.Remember that allenheads can strip so if it starts to strip, stop cause you will just ruin all further attempts. I am thinking a few hours of penetrating oil and a tap with a hammer might do it without any heat at all.

3. The fuse box in the cab. I use the one that dims with the lights so at nite the new gauges dont blind me and they blend with the dash lights. I am already doing that. I am talking about the electrical sensors requiring a separate 12v power source.

Thanks for your reply. What does everyone thing of using JB Weld and welding a bolt or allen head in the rounded allen head and trying to get it out that way? I have been dousing the bolt with WD-40 to help loosen it.