• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

How much would this cost ? or worth

1998 Dodge Ram 3500 2WD 5 speed manual with the 12v cummins ( not cummings ) 149k miles regular cab 8ft PTO heil dump body with the L tool boxes behind the cab

Drives well tires are maybe 10k miles old or so new exhaust clutch is strong brakes are good just got a little of a valve cover leak on the exhaust side and the oil pressure switch is gone bad it keeps going up and down and trips the check gages light horn dont work either but thats should not be a big deal to fix

Doors are not rusted as well as the rocket panels it even still got the paint on it, under body is cleaner than 100's I seen before only thing rusted is the metal mounts on the bottom of the seats but its surface rust nothing too bad the floor is still solid from top and bottom I pushed on it with a screw driver and it didn't budge

can I plow with it if I have to ? or just dont waste my money on a plow ?

how much you think its worth ?

I thought I was too low with a 10k offer including NJ taxes ( 7% ) they asking $11k Plowing is not really my main issue I have my 2500 cummins 4x4 to plow this would be fall clean up and firewood delivery truck for my landscaping business and if I can maybe put a salter on the back for some extra business.

I haven't had a plow on a truck... However I do live in very snow prone areas. I doubt 2WD would do much with a plow. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't want to do much serious driving with 2WD without chains if it gets too ugly. And if its that bad, chains may tear up any pavement or road base.

how hard to change a valve cover on the 12v ? I have done some Honda and Nissan before nothing too involved what about the check gauge light and oil pressure that's a pressure switch gone bad right ? Do I have to change the valve springs !

The valve covers are 10x easier than the 24V ones because they are individual. The big plate thing that says 12V on it is taken off with 2 screws that you will see, then you can throw that thing off and see each valve cover, each has 1 bolt and then it comes off. They each have a gasket under them. My oil pressure is doing the same thing right now, the oil pressure sensor is under the injection pump and above the power steering pump right in the side of the block.

The valve covers are 10x easier than the 24V ones because they are individual. The big plate thing that says 12V on it is taken off with 2 screws that you will see, then you can throw that thing off and see each valve cover, each has 1 bolt and then it comes off. They each have a gasket under them. My oil pressure is doing the same thing right now, the oil pressure sensor is under the injection pump and above the power steering pump right in the side of the block.

sounds like its easy to do my self

I got a brush guard that leaves no access room in there so you gotta push the latch and push the hood up with your fingers (when using one hand), I didn't get it up far enough lol. Let me know if you need any other vids, seriously, I can make them and put them on here so easily and quick it's not even funny :lol:

• Like 1