• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

OH NO!!! Clutch going out!!!

Hubby is not very mechanically inclined and currently working too many days & hours to even attempt working on my truck so looks like I'll have to put it into the shop some where. Been pampering this thing for over a year, knowing it was getting worse and I am NOT going to get stranded out some where pulling my horse trailer.... SOOOooooo, any suggestions on how to locate a good shop and what kind of cost should I be expecting? I dont really want to try 'piece' it back together and have this happen again later as I'll have to take off work while it's in the shop since I dont have a back up vehicle to use to get around.2001 Dodge 3500 quad cab with 245,000 miles and 6 speed..... I dont ever plan on replacing her but time to get this taken care of. Wouldn't get into gear last weekend with trailer on her and then again this morning while driving to work. Get to the office to park and she wants to vibrate forward even tho the clutch was all the way in. :(

labor cost on the clutch should be in the neiborhood of $400, at least out my way. clutch packs vary in price depending on what you want. if you still have the oe clutch and was not slipping at all with how you use it, a stock replacement should work. i just replaced mine with 230k on the oe clutch and it still had some wear left on it. i know it would have gone another 50k. there is a possibility that the hydraulics are shot also. that can also cause the problems you are having. someone more local to you hopefully can help you find a shop that is trusworthy. give the alittle time.

Just having gone through this with my 98, I would check your hydraulics first as it wanted to creep/vibrate with the clutch in all the way, sounds like the slave isn't extending all the way to deactivate the clutch.If you decide to replace the Hydraulics, do both the slave and master as i did one at a time and only got about amonth or 2 before the master let go, and having to reblled the system twice and wait for the air (through useage) bleed out was pure PITA.Wow, if I could have had someone re and re for $400.00, I would have jumped at it. Minimum quote I had here was $1000.00 for labour only. My son and I did it ourselves even though we had to buy a used tranny jack, saved quite a bit.Good Luck and let us know what you find out

is i remember it was $400 maybe $450. the mech could not figure why it was so much until we talked about the nv5600. if i had a shop it would not be a big deal to do. on a piece of plywood in the driveway makes it a little more dificult. i might could make some money at $1000 though, even in the drive way.

I am a master distributor for Valair and if you use coupon code VALAIR on my website you get 5% off and free shipping + no tax unless you are in Utah. I stock most of their clutches here and can dropship directly from them as well.When my master/slave cylinder went out I could press the clutch pedal all the way in then it would slowly leak out and engage the clutch. Seems the going rate for a clutch install for 2wd is $300-500, 4wd usually adds $150-200.Feel free to call if you need some help.