• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Normally it should run around 190 +/- 5F. I wouldn't think the fan would ever turn on with an unloaded truck unless you were going fast up a hill. Check your radiator for oil contamination since that blow by tube likes to puke all over it. If radiator is clear then I wouldn't worry about it. A hotter engine is more efficient, as long as it's not going over 212.

Well the halfway mark is 180 so I would think I am at 190-200 at most I am guess I am within the range, I wanna flush the system and change the coolant before this plowing season anyway and the rad does have some Gunk on the back side I Will power wash it off once the rain stops outside

Excellent example of a radiator w/typical buildup from blow-by vapor. Removing the radiator is an easy enough procedure for cleaning. I pulled mine at five years and it looked identical to your picture. The next time it was pulled for repairs, it looked the same (again), but it was to repair a side tank leak,(a wasted effort). I added an extension hose to my vapor system but it didn't help (much).Copper core radiators are available when the end tanks start to seep. Don't waste your time trying to epoxy the leak(s), they are not worth the effort and a band-aid [repair] at best. It was time for a new radiator.pc

• Owner

Not hard...

[*]Drain coolant.

[*]Unhook all hoses and cooler lines.

[*]remove coolant bottle and the windshiled bottle.

[*]Remove the few screws and the clips holding the fan shroud.

[*]Move fan shroud towards the engine and leave.

[*]Unbolt the 2 bolts on the radiator.

[*]Lift radiator out carefully.

Might be best to pull the radiator out to clean it. The temp would go up when I pulled my 5er up 6% grade. [ATTACH=CONFIG]3184[/ATTACH]

Great photo... I made the mistake of buying a new radiator before I pulled the old one to see if it was clogged. :spend:However, the fluid I had was really ugly as well, so I may have had some gunk in the radiator. Kinda funny that I feel that I go through fewer radiators (none), heater cores, and water pumps since I started flushing my coolant annually.