• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Few questions on 06 3500 CR

mrtowman4u

Hey fellas, I'm having a few issues with my new truck. I'm noticing some noise from the tyranny which I'm thinking is either the pilot bearing or throw out bearing. If I'm tearing down to fix what type of clutch should I use? The other issues are I took it for an alignment and was told that my lower ball joints have slack, outer tie rods ends have slack, and the bushings are bad on sway link kit on front! What kind of parts are best on these trucks?

• Staff

I highly recommend a South Bend Con-OFE SMF conversion. The noise you are hearing is probably the DMF failing. I am probably going to run either the dyna-trac's or XRF's when the time comes.. which isn't too far for me, hoping to make it about 10K miles which would be a year. XRF's are a bit cheaper and probably what I'll get as they have great reviews.

x2 on what AH64ID said about the clutch!!!:smart: The noise you're hearing is the DMF heading south. Upgrade to the SouthBend SMF(solid flywheel) and Con OFE clutch. You can use the OEM hydraulics with this clutch also. I've got over 80,000 miles on my Con OFE and it still is as good as new the way she grabs!!!!:2cents::thumb1:As far as the front end goes............If you want hub lock outs, there's a lot of good kits out there. I like not having to get out and lock hubs for 4wd though. Ball joints etc...............get greaseables whatever brand you get. I grease mine about every 5,000 miles. Just a few pumps until I see grease being expelled from what I'm greasing.I've got greaseable front axle U-joints, upper+lower ball joints, tie rods ends, and the U-joints on the rear driveshaft. Haven't had to replace anything on the front driveshaft yet!!!:spend:Any rubber bushing you need to replace...............replace it with a quality urethane one!!