• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

06 dakota hub bearing assembly

just spent sunday putting a new wheel bearig/hub assembly on the wife's dakota. every thing went well. the bearing is verysimilar to our 2nd gen's except for one thing, it just fell out. i did have to put apuller on the axle shaft to get the bearing off, but it came off whith realative ease compaired to my 02. that being said, since we use alot of anti sieze, why does the manufacturere not?

• Staff

"MONEY" I see it all the time on the stuff I work on. Instead of do it right, say, adding a brace that's 5 MM thick they use one that's 2.5 MM. It's just thick enough to get out of the warranty period before it brakes. Use cheaper parts or no anti-seize, a buck here a buck there, and over 250,000 units produced a lot of money is saved.

[*] :2cents: