• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

my bone head weekend

dripley

well not only did i run my truck out of fuel this weekend but after i got it running again and went home idecided to check fluid levels and what not before leaving for a new job on monday. i noticed that my coolant resevoir is a little low right after finding a jug of antifreeze in the bed that i could not figure out how it got there. well i just poured in a couple pints and right after that i realize it is not antifreeze it is the diesel fuel i bought to reprime my fuel system:doh:. man do i feel like a dumb a!!. thank goodness it was an easy fix and now i have a very clean resevoir.:lmao2:just goes to show that some good can come out of anything.

I got you beat. Was playing with a barrel on the ppump and a shim fell out that I didn't see happen, tightened it up and wondered why it was trying to kill the truck. Then I notice it was putting the plunger in a bind since there was still a spacer on the other side. So I say holy crapppppppp the plunger/barrel is probably scraped up and I'm screwed. I then proceed to tear it all apart to visually check it and the first thing I do is pull the barrel right out and watch all the fuel drain out. I didn't even think much of it until later when I was wondering where all the fuel went. The barrel and plunger form a perfect seal, so taking the barrel out just lets all the fuel drain straight into the pump, straight into the engine oil.. The pump was fine though, thank god. I like learning things but it's hard to learn from lessons that might have costed thousands. Now I know though! That's right, just when you thought you had a bad weekend I can always top it :lmao:

• Owner

Oh... Let me in here... :lol:Buddy up on the mountain admitted that his step father and himself ran a Kubota tractor without a air filter for about 1/2 a season. Well needless to say he called me up asking about the extreme amount of oil choking up out of the breather tube. Well after 10 hours of pulling the engine and disassembly the 1.1L 3 cylinder engine was ruined. The pistons, rings, bores in the block... I'm still waiting to hear what else is fried... :cookoo: :withstupid:So your little trip delay was easy compared to my job... :duh:

Eh, at least you had a reason. I did my antics just to get video of some things for more writeups, so I coulda destroyed everything just to get a writeup video haha. Oh and yes, I got the whole ordeal on video :ahhh:

you could do a video on an engine rebuild. to heck with the pump.:lmao:

You don't know how hard I have been trying to find an excuse to pull the head... I don't want to buy a new head gasket though. If someone gave me one, the whole engine would be out of the truck and the head would be off and I would be stareing at it for hours :lmao:

You don't know how hard I have been trying to find an excuse to pull the head... I don't want to buy a new head gasket though. If someone gave me one, the whole engine would be out of the truck and the head would be off and I would be stareing at it for hours :lmao:

That sounds like fun, if I didn't do it all day everyday already. :lmao: I have usually had enough of wrenches by the time I get done with other peoples OOPS at work.