• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

turck ran fantastic then????

friday of last week i drove home from Elizabeth city nc to hickory nc. the truck ran beautiful with no problems. ran it out of fuel the next day. reprimed everything no problem. checked all my fluid including oil sunday before leaving for columbia tn on monday. the truck ran flawlessly again. had my 5th wheel on, drove over the bluridge mountains no problems what so ever. stopped to buy fuel and noticed some oily residue on the landing gear and front of the rv. looked under the truck a i could see fluid on every thing, not dripping anywher but wet pretty much all over. opened the hood and all the resevoirs were full so i pulled the dipstick and i was growing oil. it appears to have come out of crank case breather. i did have some fuel along the intake where 2 of the injectors were weeping. think i have that stopped. i would not think that could get in the engine though. not sure where to start looking but im thinking yall can help with that.i weighed my rig while i was buying fuel and it weighed in at 22,700. its the same trailer i have been pulling for 6 years now with nothing like this happening. like i said above every thing was running normal by the gauges. i pulled like a beast. 3 to 4% grade in 6th at half throttle and would accelarate. 6 to 7% grades in 5th pretty much wide open once it got over 6%.:shrug:

i caught it about 75 miles form my destination. made the rest of the trip a little slower. dropped the trailer and drained and replaced the oil until i can figure what to do. been wanting some rv 275's, just wanted to replace on my schedule. is there anywhere else the fuel can be getting in from? the vp only has 10 to 12k on it. i have read of a seal going bad that can let it in.

i retightened 1 3 and 4 today. thats the only ones i have messed with in the past. cleande everything up on the head and the intake manifold. idled the engine for a while and everything stayed dry until i turned it off. then i saw a little fuel weep from the injector line at the head. then i drove about 5 miles and got on it a little and stopped at the store and opened the hood. there was good bit of fuel laying on the manifold and the front of the intake horn had fuel all over it, so it must be spraying out of #1. drove the other 5 miles to the rv and was very easy on the throttle. when i got here i opened the hood and saw very little fuel, but still leaking. i could have over tightened it i dont know. if if did, what could i have damaged? the cross over tube or the nut on the line or both? could the o ring just be damaged and blowing all that fuel out?

i know this is not why i getting fuel in the oil. from what i see the injector is about the only place it can get inside the crank case. so maybe a new set of injectors is closer in future than i wanted it to be. DAP has got a good price on rv275's right now. would yall replace the crossover tubes as well or just the orings?

it just blows my mind how good it was running coming up here. it probably ran better than it ever has. she just seems to pull harder and harder with every mile i put on her.

short of pop testing the injectors is ther any other way of detirmining if one is bad?

--- Update to the previous post...

well i replaced the cross over tube today on # 1. no more fuel leak. have been keeping an eye on my oil and it is steady and not growing. i am assuming since i am not pulling my rv that the fuel system is under much less stress just daily driving and possibly not leaking into the crank case for now. that will buy me alittle time on an injector swap. ill just keep,an eye on the oil for now.

Look into some contagious diesel injectors, Lee builds them and is quite big in the 12v forums but builds them for us too. I just got soem of his 7x.010 which is 125-150hp for $350+core but he said he can build whatever you like. You cannot beat his price and these injectors idle/run great with hadly anymore smoke than my stockers. Contagious diesel is thier facebook page.