• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

• Staff

I always do engine oil pressure tests at the oil sender. You can see if the dash gauge is reading the same as the test gauge. The oil pressure sender is usually at a point in an oil galley that's after the oil filter and before the main crank journals. The pressure gauge I use goes to 300 PSI because I use it on auto transmissions also. I think if you find one that goes to 100 PSI you'll be fine.

Today at 75* outside on a hot engine at 60 mph i have 68 lbs oil pressure, the manual gauge is on top of the filter. I too can see 100+ on the manual gauge when cold. I dont understand this pre set 65lb thing. Does someone have a picture of it ? Is it the pressure relief spring in the filter housing ? Because i was told to shim out that spring for more pressure.

I used a 60 thousand shim. It has been that way for years. Every time i pull the valve cover the rocker cups are full of oil,so it is pumping good. However you have me concerened about the bypass. In the cummins manual it tells to check the spring pressure.Ok ,on edit i think i figured this puppy out. So my oil is not being filtered after 65psi. I now wonder if i can change it to 75. Question about the marine engine filter housing. I have seen pictures of the marine filter housing it seems not to have a bypass valve at all. Is that true ?

My $200 OE pressure sender is crap. My truck reads 2/3 full sweep of oil pressure, even with the engine off... :doh: Unhook the sender, and the gauge goes to zero, so I know it's a failed/stuck sender.

I was changing parts a wile ago. I just may have one. It is used but works. If i have it do you want it ? It is free.