• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I've been finding a lot of stuff across the web lately but geeeeez its a pain to find it all. I'm compiling everything I have found into this thread. What I have found is really good info and tells just about everything about the p7100. This concerns specs/teardown diagrams/all kinds of stuff. Clicking on these "[source]" takes you to where I found it. I don't like stealing people's info without giving them credit.

Pump Specs

There are 2 number plates on the P7100, one is underneath the throttle plate on the drivers side of the pump so you have to take the 3-10mm screws out and take that plate off to see it. That number plate concerns the front half of the pump. The other plate is on the very back of the pump and dictates governor characteristics.

The numbers on the back of the pump will be something like RQV400...1150PA1172K

Which decodes to:

R = Governor

Q = Transverse spring

V = Variable speed governor

400 = Rated minimum speed (idling speed = 1/2 engine speed, engine idle 800RPM) ... = controlled range

1150 = Rated maximum speed (= 1/2 engine speed, engine max speed = 2300RPM)

P = P series pump designation

A = Modification letter

117 = Type code

2 = Suffix

K = Torque matching by characteristic.

[source]

The numbers on the side of the pump (under the plate) will look like this:

PES6P110A120RS7213

0 402 736 906

96628 08721

The first one can be decoded like this:

PES6P -Denotes number of cylinders and Basic Pump Model

110 -Denotes Barrel & Plunger Size in MM

A120RS -Denotes Cam rotation direction (Cummins is Right)

7213 -Denotes Pump series (2000, 3000, 7000, etc)

[source]

The next line of numbers seem to be a cummins lookup thing, but this website has put together a list of them, among other things. http://www.chathamfuel.on.ca/generic.asp?pg=appl_59&ti=Applications - Cummins 5.9

Here is that chart in a little easier to read format.

Posted Image

Timing Lift values are found here.

Timing Lift values expanded version.

Injector Size Specs.

Delivery Valve Flow Specs.

Diagrams/Pics

Big article on how the P7100 works (PDF)

P7100 Dissected

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

[source]

Posted Image

[source]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

[source]

Delivery Valve Dissected

Injector Material

Injector Dissected

That should do it for specs and diagrams. More stuff to come another day..

• Like 1

Do i have this correct ? 913=215 pump. 912 and 911 =180pump. 854=160pump.841=175pump.

Yep, I redid their chart if you scroll back up to the first post (I edited it). Their table is a little caddywompus.
  • Like 1

That's a 160hp pump. If you search the whole number you can find them but I will see what I can do about a complete list. I found out the other day that the rv ppumps from 94-97 had 235hp and 605tq stock, would be nice to find all the other pumps they made and their ratings.