• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

ok about to pull the transmission again ....i think i broke third gear :doh:....looking to see if anyone has any experience in rebuilding a nv4500? i figure that its got to b cheaper than a rebuilt one ...best price i have gotten so far is $3400......also sorry for the long time between posts but between the army and the new job at kenworth truck company I havent had much spare time till now......thanks alot gang

Here is about everything you will need to know as well as get parts. great company, well worth the few bucks you will spend to get quality info. The NV4500 and 5600 info has been closely gaurded as far as finding it online over the years. At best I have found some good pictures and thats about it. http://www.4x4repairmanuals.com/nv4500manuals.html

• Like 1

Broke the outputshaft on one at work and rebuilt it, take your time, take pics if you need and lay everything out kind of in order. The website that wild and free posted is a great site for sure, I use this company for any tranny and gearing stuff because their only 45 minutes down the road from me. http://www.wadetransmission.com/ -Jordan-

• 2 months later...

its back together had to use a company called quad4x4....great services decent price and ok delivery to here in ohio.....ends up i broke four teeth on third counter shaft....3 teeth on third primary gear lost lots of bearings .....all in all with new shims for both shafts the counter shaft the primary gear and almost every bearing in there replaced ...needle and tapered only 700 bucks .....new lucas gear oil in the case really a pretty simple repair...thanks to every one ...i will try to get some pics up if some one can talk me thru it ...i only have about 2 or three and those are just the broken pieces