• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Dyna-Trac free spin hub kit?

So, I have been toying with the idea of getting the Dyna-Trac free spin hub kit as I hate non-serviceable wheel bearings, but 2Gs is alot of dough for the conversion. Do you guys think the hub conversion is worth the dough on a truck with 245k on it? I'm probably not going to buy them, just curious to see what others opinions are.

For me, the primary thing I would want to look to see if it would save me money in the long run and will I keep my truck long term to realize the savings.The secondary thing that I would probably consider is whether I got some increased utility/benefit from the conversation that isn't available to me if I didn't do the conversion.The primary usually wins but I have traded off on the primary when the secondary thing was very important to me.

Yea War Eagle that's pretty much how I feel. It would take alot of miles to pay off $2000 worth of of hubs at 1-3 mpg more.......unless you count the the money it could save in unit bearings. But then your talking about 200k miles to possibly make your money back.

i put a kit on from dlux fab, and i luv them. but i now know of the ford axle way, and since i work in a machine shop, i'd go the part store and buy the spindle and what not and do it myself next time. alls it looked like they did was drill the bolt pattern to match the unit bearing in the spindles and machine the hub for the dodge wheels