• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2002 ctd not running right

Are there maybe injection pumps that have different fuel solenoids on them, sometimes you hear of 2 diff trucks running same chip or tuner, one smokes and the other one has more power. Seems to be the same with all including edge and quad, some people boost to 30, and some including myslf only 25psi.

There are differant pumps. SO on the autos and 5 speeds, HO on the six speeds. There is also hotrod vp. I am not sure of the differances in the pumps. Blue chip is a good place to get info on that. My truck will boost to 34#. My waste gate opens fully at 34# to35#, that and the Ottomind tuner on the truck allows me to do that. the only way i could pass 35# is for the waste gate not to open. i while back i lost the ground to my tuner and could only push 25# to26#. i repaired the ground wire and all returned to normal I put a new vp from Blue chip on my truck about a 1 1/2 years ago. I have had the Ottomind for 6 years and there was no differance in performance after the change. I just swapped an HO fo an HO. The hotrod vp is another story and i know nothing of them. I wish i could explain this better but my knowledge is limited on this subject. so maybe we can get a little help from some one.