• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Reverse switch ?

is there a reverse sensor/plug on the trans ? does it send the signal out to the bulbs ? and or trailer reverse wire ? it worked fine the first couple of days after I picked the truck now its dead no reverse lights no backup alarm no trailer reverse power ! this is on my 98 3500 5 speed

I found out its on the driver side top of the trans 2 wire plug thanks will check it out in morning

I wonder if my 3500 would have one, it doesn't have a backup light in the tail light housing I don't think. mines an all red Sport model. Maybe they just did it w this model. There are times. when I could use some light back there. I'd could use a setup like Michael has! Dave

back up lights have been around so long i just figured they were mandantory on a vehicle. icant remember anyone ever checking mine duriing a safety inspection. but some of those inspections are a joke anyway.

Backup lights were not standard equipment until the 60's. My 57 truck doesn't have them.

--- Update to the previous post...

Yes... The 2 pin switch on the top of the trans shift tower is the reverse switch. I runs back to the tail lights supplying power for all backup lighting and other options... If I remember right Black/Violet wire is the one your chasing...

Thanks!

• Owner

So I unplugged and plugged it back in today and nothing changed I Will test the wires tomorrow and make sure I need a new one Do I need a special socket to get it off ? anything I should look for before taking it of ?

Probe the socket of the switch with a test light and check and see if there is power on one side. Then using a piece of wire and bridge across bothe pins and see if they light up with the key on. This will test to see if the light are good and if there is indeed power ther at the switch..