• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

You guys think my fuel pressure low???

my fuel PSI is 15 Idle 11-13 WOT..meaning on a hard pull it may pull to 11psi for 2-seconds if i get on the pedal hard like to pass something then it snaps to 13psi..I lost a 1-2lbs when i replaced my Fuel/Water seperator w/ the AirDog updated one, .."which is a Luber-Finer' FILTER and i was able to get the # for from "STANDARD LABATORIES" If any one wants it

my fuel PSI is 15 Idle 11-13 WOT..meaning on a hard pull it may pull to 11psi for 2-seconds if i get on the pedal hard like to pass something then it snaps to 13psi..I lost a 1-2lbs when i replaced my Fuel/Water seperator w/ the AirDog updated one, .."which is a Luber-Finer' FILTERand i was able to get the # for from "STANDARD LABATORIES" If any one wants it

You can adjust it up a little, your's is adjustable right? I the cooler weather I lost a 1/2-1 PSI. I may do the same on my Raptor.

Dave

• Owner

I got the original AD100 - so 15psi and 11 WOT ...... spring is only way to adjust Im pretty sure mike said the return valve opens around 10psi - so makes sense over 10 is where to be ......

Right from the Dodge Factory service Manual... http://articles.mopar1973man.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=88:bosch-vp44-injection-pump-overflow-valve&catid=25&Itemid=107

The valve opens at approximately 97 kPa (14 psi)

And...

Reduce regulated air pressure to 10 psi and observe valve. Valve should stay shut. If not, replace valve

Guys..my pressures are 15 idle and 13WOT...the lowest ive seen them drop was 11psi and that is only for a second and then it snaps back to 13+ instantly...

I think its where i dont have the draw straw, im using the 3/8 OEM fitting with the connector that came in the AD 100 KIT

--- Update to the previous post...

MY PRESSURES before i installed the new F/W sep.filter was 16-17 idle and 14WOT..

Guys..my pressures are 15 idle and 13WOT...the lowest ive seen them drop was 11psi and that is only for a second and then it snaps back to 13+ instantly...

I think its where i dont have the draw straw, im using the 3/8 OEM fitting with the connector that came in the AD 100 KIT

--- Update to the previous post...

Mike..if i can find the 17psi spring i orderd w/ the AD im going to try that in the next few days..

You might consider updating to the other spring. (17 PSI)

if the overflow on the vp opens at 14#psi and your pressure is lower i would say your are not getting all of the cooling for the electronics thats possible. could mean shorter vp life. i think i am keeping mine at or above 15 for that reason.

if the overflow on the vp opens at 14#psi and your pressure is lower i would say your are not getting all of the cooling for the electronics thats possible. could mean shorter vp life. i think i am keeping mine at or above 15 for that reason.

That may be some of your weeping problem too maybe. Whadoyathink? Dave