• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

How to jack a trailer wheel up?

I farm out to a local heavy equipment excavation contractor (if I can get them). I still feel the toy hauler trailer axles are off to one side. They crawled around underneath & said maybe so but the mismatched steel wheels have different offsets. They are chromed steel aftermarket wheels. Today I did what they told me to... each axle had matched wheels, same size 225/75R15 trailer but different branded tires. I swapped the wheels side to side. Pretty much a 'beach' for me to do, I'm so physically limited now. Jack up one side, blocks under the brake drum, move around to other side, swap wheels, take wheel back to start & reinstall. The lugs were on pretty d@mn tight, had to use 1/2" drive, breaker bar & a 3' cheater. I gave the 20T Harbor Freight jack a workout! I think it took me 4 hours +/-. Got 'er done!

Posted Image

If you look real close to the wheels... one has round holes, the other has D shaped "mouse holes" before the swap. They are now matched on same side. The round holes are 3 1/2" from the wheel center to the inside bead while the D shaped is 3 1/8". So my guys were right. Spare is round holes.