• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Rail pressure

packinheat2

On my truck, whether it's cold or hot out, idle RP is around 6500PSI. The '03-'04's should be about 5000psi IIRC.On cold start up, my trucks RP is actually "HIGHER" than at normal idle RP.As said earlier, check your LP first. Then you should probably check your fuel filter/filters. If those are good, check your FCA.Could also be IAT sensor or a weak CP3.Any codes????How many miles on the truck???

I just changed the fuel filter this past weekend. I dont think there is necesseraly a problem or anything because I remember that is did this last winter but I just thought id ask. I didnt know if it was similar to egts and in colder weather you would see a lower value. Anyways I know off hand that mine idles at 5000 but I will have to wait till it cools off again to see what it is when im driving, Im thinking that it might be under 10000 at highway speed. I almost forgot but no there is no codes and it just hit 110,000:lol:

I just changed the fuel filter this past weekend. I dont think there is necesseraly a problem or anything because I remember that is did this last winter but I just thought id ask. I didnt know if it was similar to egts and in colder weather you would see a lower value. Anyways I know off hand that mine idles at 5000 but I will have to wait till it cools off again to see what it is when im driving, Im thinking that it might be under 10000 at highway speed. I almost forgot but no there is no codes and it just hit 110,000:lol:

Is your truck an '04 or '04.5???? If it's an '04, 5000psi at idle is perfectly normal. The '04.5+ idle at 6500psi. Plus or minus a bit. To maintain 65mph in my '04.5, I'm running about 16-17,500psi RP. That's normal.

It is an 04 and I usually see 15 or 16000 driving. Also I thought of another question on the engine tags on our trucks it says the fuel rate at advertised hp. What controlls the fuel rate the fca? My fuel rate is lower since I unfortunally ended up with a cali spec engine.:duh: