• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Truck took a dump !!! Now the fun begins!!

Hey fellas, I know it's been a while since I have posted! Been extremely busy lately at work!:doh: But any ways my brother has been driving the "beast" alot more lately than I have, since I bought the 06. Well he tells me it has been kinda of spuddering a couple of times but it clears up, well today he was driving it hauling a trailer and 30 hp new holland tractor. He says he was cruising about 45 mph and all of the sudden it spudders, and starts knocking a little and immidately shut it down! He also said that it's bellowing coal black smoke! Talked to MoparMan, and we both feel I have an injector problem. Going to tow it in tonight and start tearing down to see!

Ok well I finally got a chance to look at the truck. Went against you Micheal and went ahead and cranked the truck, it is definitely an injector! Think I am going to order new ones!!! So who is the best place to get some? Im bringing a real scanner tomorrow that will allow me to kill individual injectors . Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Ok well I finally got a chance to look at the truck. Went against you Micheal and went ahead and cranked the truck, it is definitely an injector! Think I am going to order new ones!!! So who is the best place to get some? Im bringing a real scanner tomorrow that will allow me to kill individual injectors . Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

You really shouldn't run the truck to try and find out which one it is. I have seen a few hundred injectors, in International engines, that the nozzle tip split in pieces. Sometimes they don't come apart but sometimes they do. The ones that do have a piece come off the tip usually look pretty ugly and require an overhaul with a replacement cylinder head and turbo. Not sure if the CTD have ever had any issues with this but it is worth knowing before you run the truck anymore. Just a question but how is a scanner going to disable injectors on a 12 valve?

You really shouldn't run the truck to try and find out which one it is. I have seen a few hundred injectors, in International engines, that the nozzle tip split in pieces. Sometimes they don't come apart but sometimes they do. The ones that do have a piece come off the tip usually look pretty ugly and require an overhaul with a replacement cylinder head and turbo. Not sure if the CTD have ever had any issues with this but it is worth knowing before you run the truck anymore. Just a question but how is a scanner going to disable injectors on a 12 valve?

Its a 24 v Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Its a 24 v Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Wasn't sure, was trying to guess from your dealership list of a signature, :lmao:. I didn't know you could disable each cylinder with a scanner on a 24v that year either. Thought the only was to disable a cylinder was to crack open an injector line.

Lol yea and just think that isn't all the trucks and equipment that I have!!! Want a list of it all??? Lmao but yea with a snapon solus scanner you have the ability to disable each injector!Oh yea I'm looking for a 20+5 tandem dual gooseneck trailer! Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Yea I say the day I quit learning is the day that I die!!! Will even get a discount on my funeral!!! Lmao

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

--- Update to the previous post...

I got the afternoon off today, so I decided to tear down and get the injectors out! :ahhh:

Well I get them out and just by looking at them, the appears to be nothing wrong with them!:banghead:

Called the local place where I normally get all my parts and they are out of stock so now I'm back at square one! Where do I need to get them and who offers the best price?:smart:

Well fellas, I bit the bullet and ordered new injectors! I found them on ebay 50 hp over stock. I had them shipped overnight. I also ordered new connector tubes, installed them tonight and she fired up and is running like a scalded dog!!! Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk