• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Truck took a dump !!! Now the fun begins!!

Well fellas, I'm in a foul mood now. I think I have found the culprit on why my injectors went bad and I'm smoking like the engine is still cold!:doh::banghead::( I drained the fuel water seperator on my ad 165 and I have drained two 44 ounce fountain drink cups of slight fuel and lots of water!:banghead::banghead::banghead: So what do I do now?

Well fellas, I'm in a foul mood now. I think I have found the culprit on why my injectors went bad and I'm smoking like the engine is still cold!:doh::banghead::( I drained the fuel water seperator on my ad 165 and I have drained two 44 ounce fountain drink cups of slight fuel and lots of water!:banghead::banghead::banghead: So what do I do now?

:duh: ?? Where did you last fill up ? Got another car to go get some diesel ?? Id get a pump and drain as much fuel out of the tank into a fuel container. Then refill with fresh fuel. Bleed/prime and restart. thats a bummer dude - seriously:banghead:

Yea tell me about it! Just filled the dang thing up 35 gallons of water and slight diesel!!! I'm totally pissed about it!

If you have the receipt and its the last 48 hours I would make a video as you dump it. At least to get your $130 back at a minimum thats a big hassle man - assume the water in fuel cel didn't kick in ?

Well fellas I cleaned out the fuel tank, fuel lines. Filled with 35 gallons of fresh waterless diesel, went for a test drive and now have the dreaded P0216 code now!!! Guess I'll be ordering a new pump in the morning! Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Well fellas I cleaned out the fuel tank, fuel lines. Filled with 35 gallons of fresh waterless diesel, went for a test drive and now have the dreaded P0216 code now!!! Guess I'll be ordering a new pump in the morning! Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

:stuned: errr Id clear code and add 2 stroke oil and pray.:pray: If no serious downgrade in MPG and doesnt hardstart you might get lucky. :shrug: sorry man

Well I bit the bullet and ordered a reman vp44 from a local supplier. Cost was just shy of a $1000.00:cry::cry::cry::cry: Decided that I would attempt to install this afternoon and after about 1.5 hrs, She's up running good again!!!:hyper::hyper::hyper:It was a costly job but not to bad doing it myself! I want to say thanks to all of y'all and espcially Micheal aka MoparMan! After a couple of conversations on the phone I found a few no no's I have been doing!:smart::smart::smart::smart:

Decided that I would attempt to install this afternoon and after about 1.5 hrs, She's up running good again!!!:hyper::hyper::hyper: I found a few no no's I have been doing!:smart::smart::smart::smart:

x2 on the NONO and what tips for the vp44 ?? thinking about pulling mine to fix my tappet cover :banghead: sorry for your hassle/cost