• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

What is FUEL DRAIN MANIFOLD return line?

scubieman

• Owner

Your injector are very simular to mine except mine don't have the solenoid to control firing.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

You can see the extra hole at the top of the injector that is the bled hole that the excess fuel is return to the return rail. So yes the injector is lubed and cooled by the fuel and then return to the tank.

As the CR engines they are a bit different on the top half of the injector but basically work the same.

• Owner

What funny about fuel pressure the early years of CR engine specified 9.5 PSI for MIN PSI then the whole pressure tables where remove later on. :shrug: As for my low pressure light is a Cummins Switch which is set at 3.5 PSI way too low for my truck being MIN pressure is 10 PSI and I typically keep it above 14 PSI. http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/cummins/3rdgen/fuel-system/fuel-system.htm But after reading about the CP3 pump a bit I found its also got a overflow valve just like the VP44 got. But the problem is I can't find any specs on this overflow valve and when it opens. Like I'm learning your fuel pressure should be just high enough all the time to keep the overflow open. This would keep the CP3 happy with extra fuel flow lubing and cooling as well as the VP44 style pumps do. But I know on Chevy Duramax truck there have no lift pump before the CP3 so :shrug: Fuel gelling will show up as a fuel pressure drop of about 2-3 PSI lower than typical and may or may not improve...