• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Flushing/cleaning my vp44

I bought my truck as a basket case you could say. The shop that found the crack in the block just left the engine torn apart. Im picking up another engine with a bad vp saturday for my truck. I will be swapping my vp to this engine. I was told the vp that my truck came with was "newer". Problem is the shop didnt cover the ports for the injector lines. Is there a safe way to clean/flush the pump?

• Owner

Well if it was me I would just cover the port with duct tape or simular for now. But once it was installed on a new engine I would just leave the high pressure lines off and roll the engine allowing the diesel fuel to flush the pump out. Being there is no way of flushing it unless its tied to the ECM for fire signal.

• Like 1

Well if it was me I would just cover the port with duct tape or simular for now. But once it was installed on a new engine I would just leave the high pressure lines off and roll the engine allowing the diesel fuel to flush the pump out. Being there is no way of flushing it unless its tied to the ECM for fire signal.

when i installed my air dog and was trying to start the truck i forgot to connect the vp. i kept bumping the engine and runnig the lift pump and was able to get alot of fuel to the injectors i had open. so will bumping the lift pump not flush the openings?

On the back of the vp has fittings that go into the pump,they come out. I am talking about the fittings that the injection lines go to. You could remove them and clean any crud you find.If you need to clean out the injection lines you can spray brake clean into it, then blow them out with shop air.